Riding Between Moments.

This post is going to be short on words. I’m going to let the videos and the voice of Belinda Trussell teaching me in my lesson today”do the talking.”

We worked on two things today. First we did the start of the Intermediare 1 test. This is canter in, at A turn down the centerline, halt at X. Then continue in trot, go left at C ,then extended trot across the  diagonal, turn down centerline at A and continue in Shoulder In.  We repeated this a few times and  worked on improving various bits that needed it!

We then went on to work on the pirouettes. We had worked on them yesterday as well. Belinda had pointed out to me that the two pirouettes needed to be ridden differently. In the one to the left Biasini has a tendency to fall out after step three. So I must ride step one, step two, step three and turn so he does not fall out of the pirouette.  In this video we are practicing the pirouette to the left.

Then we worked on the pirouette to the right. In this direction he brings the haunches in too far and ‘falls’ to the right. I have to use less left leg and ride more with two reins and two legs equally.  You will hear near the end of this video Belinda say she is happy to see that I am “riding between moments”.  That is the key to success in dressage. It has taken me years to learn that and to understand how vital it is. Every stride, every movement, every moment, I must be assessing what I need to be doing to keep Biasini where he should be and making corrections.  Whew!

1. You two are wonderful to watch! Such a beautiful team.

Thank you. We’ve been together 4 years and I think we are on the same wavelength now. Biasini always tries his best for me and I am so grateful to have a horse like him . I really appreciate your comment.

2. Jeff Rab says:

Love the videos, Anne!!

Glad you enjoyed them Jeff!

Excellent!! You ride so beautifully! ❤️

Thank you that is a lovely compliment for an older rider such as myself.

4. Juli Hoffman says:

I enjoy ALL the videos, but especially the last one. That first pirouette was executed so beautifully! I really enjoyed watching these!!!

Thank you Julie! Biasini has a real talent for the pirouettes I just have to learn how to ride them so he can show that!

5. Jo Price says:

I was watching those videos and thinking about what lovely lines that beautiful horse has. I’m embarrassed to admit that I then became distracted by how nice the tail was. All I could think was, “Gosh that animal has a lovely tail. Are those tail extensions because they look amazing if so!” Perhaps this is my psche reminding me that I need to go deal with my own hair. 😉 Lovely videos though. Truly a gorgeous pair (horse and rider) ❤️

Thank you for this comment! I’m so glad you noticed his tail! It is all his and no extensions. I love his tail and do my best to look after it.

1. Jo Price says:

It looks beautiful attended to so mission accomplished!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )