Energy in! Energy out!

In my Friday lesson Belinda Trussell had me work on shortening the canter to a pirouette canter. This is the most collected canter. When I collected Biasini I had to make sure he had a high level of energy. Why would I need a lot of energy going into this very collected and short canter? Because I need to be able with one quick aid get him out with a bounding stride capable of going directly to medium or even extended canter. That is what the energy is needed for. Here is a video from my lesson that shows me working on this.

My thanks to Sue Matthews for taking the video during my lesson.

*Featured Photo (C) Connie Gee*

1. Diana says:

Beautiful! I could see the collection and then extension, so much work for both of you but you make it look easy! ā¤ļøšŸ“ā¤ļø

Well Diana I can tell you that the hard part is going in to that pirouette collection with a high energy level so that I can get out on the first stride bounding! Biasini can collect very well but it is hard to convince him to do it with that energy level. Thanks for your comment . I’m glad we make it look easy. That is the ultimate goal in dressage.šŸ˜„

2. Marsha says:

Wow, that does look like a lot of work! You and Biasini are very patient with each other. Beautiful riding.

Thank you Marsha. Biasini collects very well but doing it with enough energy to bound out is another matter!

1. Marsha says:

Is that what they did in the old westerns when they would be just riding along and then poof, they were off to get the bad guy?

Not really. I think they were walking along and then they would just kick on to get them to gallop after the bad guy.

1. Marsha says:

I am super green at horsemanship. šŸ™‚ Thanks for your patience!

No worries. I am always happy to talk about horses.

That’s a beautiful B&W photo. I always surprises me just how fit and energetic you need to be to ride!

4. Michele Lee says:

Love the video and that photo! Wow!

1. Michele Lee says:

You are welcome. That photo would look fantastic framed, hanging on a wall!

5. Love watching you riding cā¤ļø