Warmth in the Sunday Stills

Warmth can refer to the physical temperature and to the atmosphere in a social situation. This has been a cold spring here in Ontario and we have had little warmth. The birds waiting to get to our feeders are puffing up to keep warm.

Some are here in their breeding plumage but the spring warmth is still missing.

The Star Magnolia has only just started to unfurl and the birds sit on the branches waiting their turn for the busy feeders.

If any seeds fall to the ground they are not wasted. They are gobbled up.

The birds sometimes have to wait for a turn at one of the feeders.

Sometimes the atmosphere at the feeder has little warmth and wing flapping skirmishes ensue.

This is my response to the Sunday Still Challenge “Warmth”

1. Beautiful pictures, capturing a squirrel is still a dream for me. Thank you for sharing happiness happening around us.

I’m so glad you liked the photos. We love watching the squirrels and the birds. There are little chipmunks to that dart about. Thank you for your comment Biasini and I always like to hear from you.

1. I too feel glad to read posts from you and Biasini ma’am. Your posts always leaves valuable messages with me.

2. Alli Farkas says:

Spring has been cold and unusually wet here in Michigan, which of course is right next door to Canada!. I saw the first orioles a few days ago and the first hummingbird yesterday. Wrens have decided which house they would like of the variety I have located on the back deck. Otherwise it’s just tiresomely cold and dark and wet! I’ve had plants in the cold frame waiting to be transferred to the raised beds for weeks now, but every time I get ready to move them we get another episode of overnight frost. Will be trying again later this week! (PS: your bird photos are much nicer than mine!)

You are too kind Alli. Let’s hope for warmer and drier weather soon.

3. Beautiful photos. Lovely seeing the birds on the feeders

4. This was a great idea for the theme “warmth,” I’d have never thought of it. It’s heartwarming to see the birds, even squirrels, getting a good square meal to help keep warm. A very nice post, Anne.

5. Megala says:

Beautiful captures! It is so nice to see these lovely little creatures, they all filled my heart with warmth.

I’m so glad you liked them

I find birds in North America fascinating, they are similar but different from their European cousins. What was that bright yellow one?

The Male of the American Goldfinch . We also have the orange northern Orioles but I could not get a photo. As soon as I stood up at the window they would fly away.

It’s incredibly hard to photograph birds, especially if you are outside with them. As you say, the slightest movement and they are off. These are great photos.

7. Happy Mother’s Day Anne! The fluffy birds look warm but the whole scene of birds and squirrels scurrying about warms my heart, too! Beautiful images!!

Thank you Terri. I appreciate your comment very much.

8. Irene says:

Such cute captures for today. ❤️

Thank you Irene. Birds are a departure for me but we had such entertainment watching them today I had to take some photos.

9. Laleh Chini says:

Happy Mother’s Day sweetheart.❤️

Thank you so much Laleh! I hope you have had a good day too! 💕

1. Laleh Chini says:

It was a wonderful mother day, thanks lovely. Kisses

Thank you Claire!

10. Nilzeitung says:

ramadan kareem, great Wortel *)))) all the best for the mum day. !!

1. Nilzeitung says:

Thank you💕lichen dank !!!,, bitte, Bitte.>>(*L*)

11. Happy Mother’s day

12. map195 says:

fantastic stills….thanks for share anne