How to Live like a Daffodil

Yesterday I posted about the sudden disappearance of our spring weather. The poor daffodils were weighed down with wet snow.

In the afternoon the snow had gone but several of the daffodils’ stems had broken. I went out and cut them off short , put them in a small mug with water. Some were still bent over and petals wilted. But…an hour later… look…

Some of the petals have signs of frost bite but look how well they recovered. I think there is something we can learn from this. Sometimes life just gets us down and nothing is going right. Life can be so unfair. But if we can pause and refresh then we can recover well . It does not matter how we refresh, as we all have different ways of doing that. Taking a break, getting in touch with friends or family, meditation, prayer, and for me going for a ride on my horse. This is how we can be like the daffodils and recover.

1. I loved this! Such a great perspective.

Thank you for taking the time to read the post and leave a comment.

2. Anne Sandler says:

All any of us need is love and kindness.

3. So that snow was directly responsible for that splash of bright yellow on your table!

4. The flowers look so pretty & the way the light is just perfect. Beautiful inspiration from the flowers seen through an inspirational wonderful pony friend.

Thank you for this comment!

5. Lovely message from the lovely flowers. Let this situation also end like that.

Thank you and I wish you peace too.

6. Inspirational! Sometimes we need to just be. Not overthink everything so it keeps weighing us down. Yes, be more like a daffodil! šŸ™‚

I agree! Thanks for commenting.

What a great excuse to have cut flowers in the flower. I am sure they cheered up the house no end!

They did Emma and they are still looking good this morning.

8. Lesley says:

This is SO true and a good reminder not to lose hope in times when feeling ‘down’. It’s only temporary. The daffodils look beautiful. šŸ˜

Thank you. Sometimes the down moments feel like forever but this too shall pass.

Inspiring, renewing, encouraging! Love those daffodil’s! šŸ’›

They are resilient. They are still looking good on our kitchen table .

I wonder if they’ll grow in our climate? I’ll have to see as they look gorgeous on your kitchen table! It’s wonderful how you rescued them!

I’m not sure if they are suited to a warmer climate. They grow from a bulb and come up in the spring and after flowering must be allowed to die back. They are dormant for much of the summer and reappear thebnext spring.

10. Michele Lee says:

A delight for the heart and eyes. šŸ’– Thank you.

You are most welcome!

11. How true. Mine is the beach, and boxing. šŸšŸ„ŠšŸ„Š

12. They’re surprisingly tough, aren’t they. I’m always seeing them in fields and woods, where there hasn’t been a farmhouse since the 1930’s, so some of those untended bulbs have been producing blooms for almost a century! Definitely a good symbol of resilience and staying power.

13. Irene says:

They recovered beautifully. What a beautiful thought to consider us doing that well after some time. šŸ˜Š

I was surprised they came back so well as they looked so sad when I first put them into the mug with water.