Waiting….

If you compete in Dressage you will be given a specific time that you must be present and ready to go down the centerline. So if your time is 10:42 am at 10:42 am precisely you must be there and you will ride down that centerline. Other disciplines are not so precise.

For the hunter jumpers there will be a time for the class and an order of go but there may be some waiting involved as the timing is appraoched in a much more liquid way than in dressage. At the Winter Equestrian Festival horses are brought to the International ring by their groom and they can wait in the shade for the rider to arrrive and mount up.

This little rider is waiting. She is waiting to go in to the ring to compete in a childrens class.

This pony is waiting with the groom for his rider.

Even the Queen’s Horse Guards are waiting, in front of Buckingham Palace, for the parade up the Mall to start.

The Draft horses are waiting for the judge to decide who is the winner.

Patience is not just about waiting for something . It’s about how you wait, or your attitude while waiting.”

Joyce Meyer

This is my response to the Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #72 WAITING. Thank you Amy from The World is a Book for this challenge.

1. da-AL says:

Very sweet in every way ❤

2. Leya says:

A great post on waiting, Anne! Beautiful shot of the little girl waiting to start, and I love the last one with the Draft horses. I know something of waiting when my dogs are in a competition. It takes a whole day – and not many minutes “on stage”.

Yes it is the “hurry up and wait” scenario for both the dogs and horses. Thank you for your comment Leya I appreciate it.

1. Leya says:

Thank you, Anne! Always a pleasure.

3. Prior... says:

This is such a great sport! And love Joyce Meyers so much – nice quote to wind down with!

4. Nice response to the challenge. A nice collection of images too.

5. Waiting tells so much messages and so that this post do. From this post I learned young riders also participate, got a new news to share with my daughters.

There are many young riders and some quite young. Thanks for commenting and I hope your daughters enjoy the post.

6. Great post, Anne 😁 Love seeing your posts of horses!

7. Waiting can be the hardest part.

Indeed! It can be a real test.

8. JohnRH says:

Great post. Who needs meditation when you have horse-waiting!

9. Tina Schell says:

I love your theme this week Anne, perfect for the challenge. That little one is so sweet with her fancy bows. So great that the riders and the horses dress for the competition

In England they have lead line classes where the Mother and the little rider have color co-ordinated outfits! And in the “showing” classes where the judge wants to see the horse without tack the groom comes out with a basket of grooming brushes etc and the groom is dressed up and has matching bows or colors on the grooming basket! I also love the little girls with their braids and bows that are competing in Wellington in the winter.

Loved your take on this, Anne. Seems there is no way around waiting in so many aspects of our lives!

True! Thank you for commenting.

11. Amy says:

These photos and stories are perfect for the waiting theme. It takes much disciplines and patience. Thank you for sharing with us.

I’m glad you liked the photos. Thank you Amy for the challenge. It was fun seaching through the archives for the photos.

Love all your photos and how they show the challenge word “waiting”. Beautiful! ❤️

Thanks Diana! I enjoyed this challenge.

13. Pony also participate in racing, I didn’t know that!

I think the pony is waiting for a jumping class. I took the photo at the Winter Equestrian Festival in Wellington Florida and they have jumper and hunter classes there but no racing.

1. Oh yes, I went through again the write-up.
        Your pictures and write- up both are apt for the word, ‘Waiting’.