Which Way ?

Which Way Photo Challenge

Which way?

Across the Albert Bridge in London?

london2018 (5 of 6)

Up the stairs to the roof of the White Tower at the Tower of London?

tower (12 of 14)

Or through the forest with my horse Biasini?

BBhacking-1500228

Or get out of the “way” of the charging knight and horse in armour!

Wallace (5 of 50)

Which Way Photo Challenge

d228d68f-e861-46ab-9d85-0e832a2f4ecc

1. txjessy says:

Beautiful pictures!!

Thank you I’m glad you liked them.

2. Your pictures are all beautiful but the bridge wins. It is magnificent .🐎🐎

I took that photo a couple of weeks ago when we were in London. We took a walk I’m the late afternoon on the south bank of the Thames through Battersea Park. As the sun went down the lights on the bridge came on and the sky turned a rose color. It looked wonderful. I’m glad you liked it too.

3. cigarman501 says:

The overgrown pathway reminds me of my ancestral home…which no longer exists.

Where was your ancestral home? The pathway shown in my post is in a forest that is part of a regional conservation park.

1. cigarman501 says:

I grew up in Lancaster County in South Carolina, a little place, then, called Indian Land. We had a dirt road that led to the Catawba River that your path reminded me of. I wrote a book entitled Pathways about growing up on that dirt track. I did ride horses down it.

Thank you for sharing that.

4. great pictures 💕

I love the Albert Bridge, all lit up!

Thank you Emma. It was one of those Magic Hour photos.

Nice picks for the challenge, Anne!

LOVE your photos!! ❤️

8. Very fun! I love bridges, and for a 145-year-old bridge, Albert looks pretty jazzy and modern

It was a perfect time of day for the photo. There is a sign on the south side of the bridge that advises troops who March over the bridge to break step. I loved that. It just can’t take that thumping in unison I guess.

1. Yes, I’ve heard that from relatives who were in the army. A bridge that can carry tons of heavy trucks, can be broken up by the vibrations from people marching in step. The London Millennium Footbridge had to be closed on its opening day, because the engineers hadn’t reckoned with the vibrations from people stepping in unison, as they tried to compensate for the swaying motion of the original design. The engineers had to add more cables to stabilize it.

Yes. My son who lives in London told me of this and said it was called the “wibbley wobbley” bridge!

1. That’s great! 🙂

9. Very cool photos–thank you for sharing!

You’re welcome. It was a fun challenge

10. Beautiful photo ❤️

11. These are fantastic. Thanks so much for joining in. 😊

Thank you for posting the challenge!

1. My pleasure. 😊

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )