Happy Places and Hideaways

This week Terri at Second Wind Leisure gives us the Sunday Stills challenge of “Your Happy Place”. For me the autumn colors raise my spirits. In this odd 2020 Pandemic atmosphere the colors of autumn bring a ray of sunshine. Here are some of my “happy places” where I can “hideaway” from pressure and stress.

The sound of Biasini’s hooves walking through the leaves in the forest.
A cool morning walk through the forest with my husband and June, our little Schnauzer.
Across the road from our house the neighbour’s lawn is carpeted with leaves.
Our nights are cold now and soon all the leaves will be like this. But it has been a wonderful autumn. Nature is undaunted by the pandemic and has given us a wonderful show.

I am also linking this post to Ann Christine’s Lens-Artists Challenge #119 My Hideaway. For me the forest trails and our home, which is in the country, are both “hideaways” for me . These are the places where I can escape from some of the anxiety producing realities of the world at large.

1. David says:

Always important to have that escape and hideaway from the everyday, indoors and outdoors.

2. Tina Schell says:

A glorious spot Anne, I especially loved the image of the golden trees surrounding the forest path. As pretty a spot as I’ve seen anywhere!

Thank you Tina. The forest has been so beautiful. Today we have heavy rain so the leaves may all be gone. But we enjoyed it while it lasted.

3. Felt I am sitting on Biasini and enjoying the ride and interacting with nature.
    Fantastic clicks my friend

Thank you so much. I glad you enjoyed the ride!

1. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

4. O.D. says:

Wow! That’s incredible! I haven’t seen that much orange in Autumn where I’m from but I’d surely love to one day. Looking at these images is rather serene and I can only imagine how it’s like to see it in person. Also, I have a bit of an obsession when it comes to crunchy leaves and stepping on them lol

Thank you for sharing your happy place Anne, it’s lovely

I share it with pleasure. With all the chaos this year it has been a delight for the soul to see this color Thank you for your comment.

1. O.D. says:

Youโ€™re right. Its truly refreshing โญ๏ธ

5. JohnRH says:

Wow. Beautiful autumn pathways. Nice!

6. chava61 says:

I agree forest trails can definitely be a hideaway from civilization!

Yes they can! ๐Ÿ˜€

7. Yes, for sure these places pleases the mind.

Those fiery colours are just wonderful!

9. Gorgeous autumn colors ๐Ÿ‚
    Nature is my happy place too ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿฅฐ

10. Your photos are beautiful. Iโ€™m not surprised this is your happy birthday lace. Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s the happy place of June and Biasini also #sundaystills

Thanks Jennifer for this comment. June and Biasini both love the forest trails.

11. Finding a peaceful place in this crazy world is difficult… though so important. Thank you for the reminder.

You are most welcome!

12. Amy says:

Breathtaking fall colors. Thank you for taking us along, Anne. ๐Ÿ™‚

You are most welcome Amy. Happy to have you along.

13. Laura says:

Beautiful fall colors to ease the stress of the world around you. I agree living in the country is a saving grace through this strange and difficult time, it is a world away.

It is. This autumn the colors have been so spectacular. Thanks for your comment.

14. Leya says:

I am so with you two – in nature’s beauty. You forget all things troublesome and leave grey thoughts behind. Colourful and lively autumn where you live!

Yes we always have good autumn color but this year is exceptional. We think it is due to the long spell in thes summer of heat and drought. Thanks for commenting !

15. pattimoed says:

Beautiful post, Anne. I’m happy to meet your dog, too! You certainly have a gorgeous autumn this year. We had a fierce wind last night and this morning, so I think our fall is officially over!! It was a such a pleasure having you host last week. It was a lot of fun to see all the posts related to your topic. Great choice!

Thank you Patti. Biasini got a lot of interest in his topic. I was amazed at the diversity of the responses and the wonderful photos.

1. pattimoed says:

It was a great topic, Anne. I know what you mean about the diversity of the posts. Amazing!

16. These images made my day colorful and bright. Thank you, Anne.

I am delighted to know my photos brightened your day. Thanks for letting me know.

17. Beautiful! I love the autumn yellows, oranges, and golds, and the pleasant smell of the woods this time of year.

I agree. Thanks for commenting!

18. Yay, a walk with Biasini in your beautiful fall forest, Anne! Absolutely gorgeous and it does my soul good to see your images! This would be my happy place, too!

Thanks Terri. Glad you agree ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

19. Rupali says:

Wonderful images and my favourite is of your neighbourโ€™s lawn. The trees look majestic.

Thank you. They are very old maple trees.
      Maybe 100 years old. They run alongside the driveway of his house.