Lens Artists Challenge #118 Biasini Speaks about Communication

Hello Dear Humans, Biasini the horse here. My human, Ma Leueen, told me that I have been asked to host the Lens-Artists’ challenge. Well, I am most honored, as I understand I am the first horse to do this. Ma Leueen told me I had to choose a word or theme for the challenge. I knew right away what word I would choose.

COMMUNICATION

“The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.”

Peter Drucker

I bet you know why I picked that quote for my word. We horses don’t speak. But we do communicate. We do it by observing and understanding.

I have a story that I would like to tell you because it is all about communication between a human and a horse. The story is about my half sister . We had the same Father and different mothers. Her name is Bella Rose. She lives in Germany and her Human is a very famous rider called Isabell.  So here’s the story.

Bella and Isabell went to some really big competition in France and Bella got injured and had to go home after the first day. A lot of time went by. Bella knew she could get better and Isabell believed her. But no one else did. All the vets and all the specialists tried to put Bella together again. But Isabell never gave up on Bella.  Isabell and Bella had a special communication. They understood each other. So time goes by and there is another big competition coming up. This time it is in the USA.  Isabell knows Bella is ok to do this. Bella has let her know she is ready to compete again. Isabell  takes her to a couple of shows in Germany and tells Bella they are going to this World Championship. I have heard that some of the important Humans in Germany, who decide these things, were not happy about this idea. But Isabell said it was Bella or nothing!

They went to this World Championship and guess what? Bella was fantastic. She helped the German Team win the Gold Medal. And  Bella and Isabell won the Individual Gold Medal too.  Ma Leueen was in the media and she took photos of the competitors. Here are some of Isabell and Bella.

Isabel Werth and Bella Rose World Equestrian Games, Tryon , 2018

After they finished their first test Isabell was crying she was so happy to have Bella back competing again. Bella knew that Humans get emotional, so she was cool with it.

Bella got a special coat to wear for the Individual Gold Medal. You can see here there are lots of German Humans waving German Flags.  If I had been there, and I could speak, I would have shouted: “That’s my half-sister!”

This story would not have had a happy ending if Isabell and Bella could not communicate. Because they could communicate, without words, they knew they could do it.

Thank you Dear Humans for having me host this special challenge and for reading my story about Bella. It shows that communication is not always about words but about what is not said.

What does “communication” mean to you?  I would like to know and Ma Leueen tells me you can write posts with photos about what it means to you. You have to add a link (whatever that is) to this post so that Ma Leueen and I can see your posts. Also you must use a Lens-Artists tag so other Human Bloggers can find you in the Reader. Next week Ann-Christine Human is going to host the challenge.

And the last thing before I go is to tell you about some of the responses to last weeks challenge A Photo Walk. Here are four that Ma Leueen and I really liked. I have to get Ma Leueen to do the clicking to see the blogs, as my hooves are a bit too big ,but you Humans can do it with ease so take a look at them.

1. travtrails says:

We need to be communicators to announce our entry into the world arena. My entry https://travtrails.com/2020/10/16/lens-artists-challenge-118-communication/

2. Marsha says:

Congratulations to both of you for your great challenge this week. You are pros! Here’s my post – finally! https://tchistorygal.net/2020/10/16/lens-artist-118-communication-right-from-the-horses-mouth/

3. Beautifully expressed through
    Biasini.Love every word and interesting narration too.
    Thank you for this unique experience.
    My contribution

4. by.lily says:

Aw, nice and beautiful horse 🐴

5. Jeff Rab says:

Dear Biasini, not horse playing with you here, but you are almost as good of a writer as Ma Leueen!

Thank you Jeff Human Ma Leueen would be the first to tell you that I “speak” very well. She has to type my words but they are all mine. I appreciate your comment very much!🐴

1. Jeff Rab says:

She knows your heart!

6. Marsha says:

Oh my gosh, Anne, your horse really knows how to communicate. What a lovely story. The pictures are fabulous, too. You both did a fabulous job of hosting the challenge this week, and I’m inspired to contribute. So beautiful!!!

Thank you Marsha Human, Ma Leueen has suggested I reply to the comments as the challenge was my idea. I hope you will be inspired to contribute a post as well. 🐴

1. Marsha says:

Biasini, I have already been looking through my photos thinking about what might fit your challenge. Of course, I don’t have any pictures of beautiful communicative horses such as yourself or your relative. But that is a great topic. Communication is key. You should start your own blog! 🙂

I woudl start my own blog but I need Ma Leueen to do the typing. And I have to be honest I enjoy spending my evenings just chillin with my friends in the barn . We horses just like to relax at the end of the day. But thank you for your nice encouraging comment.

1. Marsha says:

You sound like my Teddy Bear, Manny. He has his own blog, but he tired of it, and it has sat neglected for years. Nevertheless, you can see him and his pal Justin Beaver in several stories as they traveled together all over the world. I put him in the Lens-Artist 118 post I did so you could meet him. https://tchistorygal.net/2020/10/16/lens-artist-118-communication-right-from-the-horses-mouth/

7. Thanks so much for inspiring me with your idea that communication has varying forms — and one of them is silence. I love your post especially since I live in Tennessee and marvel at our Tennessee Walking Horses.
    Here’s my contribution this week: https://ohtheplaceswesee.com/2020/10/13/lens-artists-photo-challenge-118-communication/

Well, you did a wonderful job, Biasini…just as I expected. Bravo!

Thank you Sandy Human!🐴

9. robert20359 says:

hi anne and biasini, great pictures i like them all very much, communication is a great theme that you have chosen for challenge, here is my contribution, https://wp.me/p2AvI7-3Cm.
    many greetings robert

10. Cee Neuner says:

Hi Anne and Biasini, I so adored your post this week. Great topic too. I sure hope you are having fun hosting this week.
    Here is my post for this week. I hope you enjoy the animals I photographed while communicating.

11. I’ve always known that horses are smart, but this has to be the first time I’ve communicated with one. 🙂 Lovely photos of you. I look forward to putting together my post on communications, but as a mere human, I won’t be able to put an equine spin on it. Tell that HorseAddict friend of yours that I enjoyed this post.

I will let Ma Leueen know you liked the post. Thanks for commenting Johnbo Human.🐴

12. Pingback: Flowers |
  13. Thanks for hosting this challenge, and typing for Biasini. Communication can involve more than words. I suppose humans are close enough to horses, dogs, and cats to catch that they can understand each other. But when we move away, to ants and moths, or manatee and salmon, it becomes so much harder.

Yes I think that insects and smaller creatures like frogs are harder to understand. I am happy to type for Biasini. Believe me when I say he “speaks” very clearly. He’s quite a character. Thanks for your comment.

14. As dogs we find it is hard to listen when we are barking. Our people could learn that this lesson too.

HaHa! Yes I know what you mean. We horses are not very vocal and we are always amazed about how much the Humans talk. 🐴

15. Hello again sweet Biasini, Eivor and Pearl say thank you for yesterday’s big pat and offer their own contribution of how nature communicates and interacts with us on our daily walk: https://whippetwisdom.com/2020/10/12/tanka-guests-and-geese/

16. Hi Anne,
    Loved the story. Such a beautiful message of love, belief and communication.
    Here are my pictures.

17. cigarman501 says:

I don’t know if there is anything more beautiful than a prancing horse.

Thank you Cigarman Human, That is a nice compliment for we horses. 🐴

18. This is a lovely explanation of how we animals communicate without words. So happy that Isabell didn’t give up and listened to the voiceless communication. of your half-sister. My mum and I also communicate non-verbally. Love, love love this.

Thanks for commenting Trompie! Nice to hear from you. I always appreciate the canine point of view. Have a good week! 🐴

1. You are welcome. My mum is always too busy to write what I want to tell to the word. I love reading your stories too.

Thanks Trompie!🐴