Lens Artists Challenge #118 Biasini Speaks about Communication

Hello Dear Humans, Biasini the horse here. My human, Ma Leueen, told me that I have been asked to host the Lens-Artists’ challenge. Well, I am most honored, as I understand I am the first horse to do this. Ma Leueen told me I had to choose a word or theme for the challenge. I knew right away what word I would choose.

COMMUNICATION

“The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.”

Peter Drucker

I bet you know why I picked that quote for my word. We horses don’t speak. But we do communicate. We do it by observing and understanding.

I have a story that I would like to tell you because it is all about communication between a human and a horse. The story is about my half sister . We had the same Father and different mothers. Her name is Bella Rose. She lives in Germany and her Human is a very famous rider called Isabell.  So here’s the story.

Bella and Isabell went to some really big competition in France and Bella got injured and had to go home after the first day. A lot of time went by. Bella knew she could get better and Isabell believed her. But no one else did. All the vets and all the specialists tried to put Bella together again. But Isabell never gave up on Bella.  Isabell and Bella had a special communication. They understood each other. So time goes by and there is another big competition coming up. This time it is in the USA.  Isabell knows Bella is ok to do this. Bella has let her know she is ready to compete again. Isabell  takes her to a couple of shows in Germany and tells Bella they are going to this World Championship. I have heard that some of the important Humans in Germany, who decide these things, were not happy about this idea. But Isabell said it was Bella or nothing!

They went to this World Championship and guess what? Bella was fantastic. She helped the German Team win the Gold Medal. And  Bella and Isabell won the Individual Gold Medal too.  Ma Leueen was in the media and she took photos of the competitors. Here are some of Isabell and Bella.

Isabel Werth and Bella Rose World Equestrian Games, Tryon , 2018

After they finished their first test Isabell was crying she was so happy to have Bella back competing again. Bella knew that Humans get emotional, so she was cool with it.

Bella got a special coat to wear for the Individual Gold Medal. You can see here there are lots of German Humans waving German Flags.  If I had been there, and I could speak, I would have shouted: “That’s my half-sister!”

This story would not have had a happy ending if Isabell and Bella could not communicate. Because they could communicate, without words, they knew they could do it.

Thank you Dear Humans for having me host this special challenge and for reading my story about Bella. It shows that communication is not always about words but about what is not said.

What does “communication” mean to you?  I would like to know and Ma Leueen tells me you can write posts with photos about what it means to you. You have to add a link (whatever that is) to this post so that Ma Leueen and I can see your posts. Also you must use a Lens-Artists tag so other Human Bloggers can find you in the Reader. Next week Ann-Christine Human is going to host the challenge.

And the last thing before I go is to tell you about some of the responses to last weeks challenge A Photo Walk. Here are four that Ma Leueen and I really liked. I have to get Ma Leueen to do the clicking to see the blogs, as my hooves are a bit too big ,but you Humans can do it with ease so take a look at them.

1. Paulie says:

Great topic and wonderful equestrian photos. At first I found the topic daunting but after some thought realized that every image communicates something. My contribution can be found by clicking the link below (Hopefully this isn’t a duplicate. The “magic” of WP gave my original comment an error message).

You are famous Biasini! I had no idea Bella is your half sister. Oh my, I am honored I get to talk to you and have gotten to know you through your Ma and all her beautiful photos! ❤️🐴 And I agree, communication between human and horse is one amazing thing and I’m so happy you shared this with us all. Isabel and Bella are beautiful together! ❤️🐴

Thank you Diana Human. I am so pleased that you liked my story about Bella and Isabell. 🐴

3. Prior... says:

Love that Drucker quote about hearing what isn’t said !

And cheers to Bella

Yes Prior Human is is a good quote isn’t it? Thanks for leaving a comment!🐴

4. pattimoed says:

Hi, Anne and Biasini. I love your story about Isabel and Bella. It reminds me of the remarkable recovery of Seabiscuit, who went on to win major races after his injury. You must excuse the humans, Biasini. Some of us are a bit late in learning how to communicate with you and in understanding how wise you are. Thank you both for leading this week’s challenge and providing us with wonderful inspiration. Here’s my post for this week:

Thank you Patti Human. I will go to look at your response to my challenge right now🐴

5. Good to know that emotional story about your half sister dear Biasini. Their connection is the winner. I know you only through words and I am connecting to you through feel, Biasini the only horse I know. All the horses I see in pictures if in real in future will have the traces of Biasini

Hello Subbashini Human, I always enjoy hearing from you and I am so happy you liked the story about my half sister Bella. I very much appreciate your comment. 🐴

6. jazzibee says:

Communication – a great subject choice with so many different responses possible. Thanks for your great post and story. I scratched my head and put some images together.

7. Ana says:

Dear Biasini, this is the first time that I communicate with a horse, but I must tell you that I really liked the story you have told us and that the challenge you have thrown us is very interesting.

Ana Human I am so happy you liked the story about my half sister. And I am also glad you think my challenge is interesting. I shall be waiting to see your response!🐴

8. A wonderful example of communication between our creatures and humans, Anne and Biasini. No doubt horses and dogs are among the smartest mammals. Non verbal communication is surely an art in the sport of dressage. Wunderbar!

Thank you Terri Human for this nice comment on my challenge!🐴

9. Beautiful, I so enjoyed this wonderful story. Do you horses communicate with us humans in pictures as well? I’ve heard some humans claim that to be true.

Yes Viking Human we do. I will see something in my mind and then Ma Leueen can also see it. Sometimes she is too busy with Human’s thoughts and she misses it but other times she sees it too. She talks a lot to me and I do understand her but,just between you and me, I am not always listening. Thank you for leaving a comment. 🐴

10. Tranature - quiet moments in nature says:

Thank you so much for your beautiful guest-host post sweet Biasini! I remember the story of your half-sister Bella Rose and it’s lovely to see it again. Our contribution for this week features two sweet Highland mares and the lovely way they communicate: https://tranature.com/2020/10/11/silent-sunday-equine-equilibrium/

Thank you for this nice comment Xenia Human. I will get Ma Leueen to show me your post.🐴

11. Nice shots you’ve got here.
    Equestrian is most definitely an event that requires communication.
    I think that your shots show that communication in a pleasantly straightforward way.

Here’s mine for this one:

A beautiful story – I love Isabell’s tearful face! It’s fantastic.

Thanks for reading my post Emma Human. Ma Leueen tells me that when she was at that big show there were two German professional photographers sitting at the same work table in the media center. They told her she could get a lot of money for that photo. But she told them, and me, that she was not interested in getting into all the complications that would come with that. I also like that photo . Doesn’t my half sister Bella look like she is just ready to go back to the barn and have her afternoon meal?

13. Teresa says:

Thanks Biasini for your interesting point of view as well as to “human” Anne. Such wonderful captures too!

Thank you very much Theresa Human! I am happy to know that you found my point of view interesting. Ma Leueen says thank you as well.🐴

14. Anne Sandler says:

What a wonderful story and post. Never say never! And what a wonderful topic. Communication, or the lack of it, makes the world go round. There are many ways to communicate. We need to make the best of verbal or non verbal communication. Good luck to you in future shows.

Thank you Anne Human. I am so glad you liked the topic. Communication is so important. And thank you for your good wishes for shows in the future for me and Ma Leueen.🐴

15. JohnRH says:

Well, Mr. Biasini. (I presume I may call you Mr., despite your indelicate condition.) Anyway, Mister Ed is apoplectic, but Francis the Talking Mule is kicking up its heels. Good story about your half-sister and her human. Good topic too. Well done. Game on!

Thank you John Human! I am delighted to be called Mr. Biasini. Wait till I tell the other horses! They will be impressed! I’m so glad you liked my post and the topic. 🐴

16. restlessjo says:

It’s great that you’re so proud of your half sister. Wonderful photographs, and a story well told 🙂 🙂

Thank you so much Restlessjo Human. I am very proud of my half sister Bella and I am so happy you liked the story of her and her Human. 🐴

17. Leya says:

Oh, I love your beautiful story, Biasini! So happy you could find Ma Leueens help to type this out for us! We learn many important things from you animals. Telling this story will get more humans to understand the importance of listening and receiving messages between living beings. ♥ Well done.

Thank you Leya Human. I am very grateful for your comment and to know that you believe we horses and other animals have something we can share with Humans that will be helpful to them. 🐴

1. Leya says:

I am convinced of that.

18. Amy says:

Amazing story, Biasini! Congradulations for winning two gold madels! Thank you so much for sharing with us. The communication between you and Isabell is incredible.
    Great photos!

Thank you Amy Human. Ma Leueen took the photos and my half sister Bella does communicate so well with her human Isabell. 🐴

19. Tina Schell says:

Well Biasini, you’ve more than met the challenge of hosting for us this week – and many thanks to Ma Leueen for helping you out with the typing. I agree wholeheartedly that non-verbal communication is very powerful as is very apparent between you and Ma Leueen and of course between Bella and Isabell. Many of us may not have horse partners but our dogs and cats are also fine communicators ( although cats do communicate mostly to leave them alone!) Thanks so much for being our first horse-host!

Tina Human it was great fun to host this challenge and to focus on how we horses can communicate. We have dogs at the barn so I know they communicate although they are more real than we horses! Thank you for asking me to be the host this week.🐴

20. nesfelicio says:

Eloquent horse! 😊

Thank you Nesfelicio Human! I take that as a great compliment. I try to be an eloquent horse! 🐴

21. David says:

In equestrian sports, the unspoken communication is so important – most importantly in the everyday setting when nothing is at stake and when show and practice performances are immaterial. Shortly after my daughter Deborah acquired him, Captain Andrew Evan Stedman, they went through the paces of becoming familiar with each other. The practice sessions were going well, slowly building their way to the first jumping course in the practice ring. He refused the first jump, one no higher than 12 inches. Captain Andrew could have easily stepped over it. No big deal, Deborah thought. She decided to stay with the grid and circles exercises, then a break from practice. It was during the break Deborah figured out he really didn’t like his name, Benjamin, which is part of his formal name indicating his home farm. Naming an animal, whether it’s a cat, dog, or horse, is an important matter. When their name is called, their ears become perked. He answered to Benjamin, but not on a consistent basis. Deborah knew she had to find a new name when she acquired him. If she couldn’t find his proper name, it might become an issue during a show, notwithstanding his considerable potential as a jumper. While watching a repeat of a Star Trek: TNG episode for a zillionth time, Deborah figured out his name. First, he was a Starfleet captain. The name had to have a lineage. While reading a biographies of Continental soldiers from the American Revolutionary War, she came across the name Andrew Stedman, a 19 year old private who exhibited extraordinary courage under fire. The “Evan” part, the first name of her best friend. When Deborah started calling Benjamin Captain Andrew Evan Stedman, he answered each and every time. Deborah also changed his official name on his registry papers. 🙂

David Human this is a wonderful comment. Ma Leueen has told me about your daughters and their riding. Your daughter was right we horses do have opinions about our names. I have always liked my name, Biasini, but I know one horse in the barn, who is across the hall from me, and he does not like his name but his owner is not as aware as your daughter so she has not changed it. 🐴,

22. Rupali says:

What a fine introduction to this week’s challenge, Anne.

So glad you liked it Rupali Human . Ma Leueen is typing out my replies to the comments today. We horses are not able to type too well. 🐴

23. I love this story told from the horse’s point of view! Your photos really capture the emotion of the win.

Thank you Wandering Dawgs Human! I am so glad you liked to hear from me about the horse’s point of view. And I think Ma Leueen’s photos are good too!🐴

24. What an interesting post about the power of communication — with or without words! Thanks for the photos, the voice in which you speak, and the whole idea of how we communicate now. Great job!

Thank you so much for this nice comment. I am replying to the comments but Ma Leueen does the typing as my hooves are too big for a keyboard!🐴

1. I think you’ve got her under foot! Kudos for manipulating the humans in your life!

Haha! You Humans have some funny expressions. 🐴

25. SandyL says:

A very amusing post Biasini/Ma Leueen! I like your interesting point of view & fully appreciate your point about communication without words.
    Thank you for the call-out. I shall have to think hard about something to match yours this week! – Sandy

I am so glad you enjoyed the post Sandy Human. I hope you will post something. Ma Leueen is doing all the typing of responses for me . I just tell her what to say! She will also show me all of the posts that are responses to the challenge.🐴

26. chava61 says:

A good challenge topic!

Thank you Chava Human. I am pleased that you think my challenge is a good one.🐴