A Square Viewed

I am hastily joining the “square gang” devised by Becky at The Life of B. Her lines and squares challenge will end on October 31 and , time flies, we are almost there. So here are my “squares”.

William Blake exhibition at the Tate Britain.
Building in Pimlico, London.
Mushrooms in a crate in Soho, London.
Takis exhibition Tate Modern London
Hoxton Square Hackney London

Squares in London are green spaces which may be open to the public or are restricted for the use of people living in the residences around the Square.

I know that the Number One Rule for this challenge is that the featured photo must be Square. Mine is not but it is a photo of a square . I hope that qualifies. Thanks for this challenge Becky. I look forward to seeing what the challenge will be next month.

1. BeckyB says:

They are fabulous lines . . .the square rule though is the only one and consequently I am pretty strict on it! So unfortunately I won’t be able to include these in the final gallery, but they are fabulous to see and it is lovely to meet you Anne 🙂

2. There was an old slang phrase in the 1960s about telling people “not to be L7.” (Not to be square.) Perhaps I’m L7 for remembering it?

L7….I did not know this one. IMHO I doubt you are ‘square’. I’ve always been a bit elliptical myself. 😄

3. Good for you for an original take on the challenge, this is an interesting riff on “square.”
    The first glance at the Takis exhibition, I thought someone had been throwing silverware at the wall – two pairs of forks, and a saltshaker. But it does look interesting, with the shapes casting shadows on the red background.

The Takis was very interesting. He uses magnets and electricity in his sculptures. That one has magnets that are poking out through the red cloth and the other things are attached by the magnetism . I like your translation of the images however. Nice!

1. I don’t know too many modern artists, so I looked him up, and very interesting!

4. Very cool squares! I especially like the windows !

I liked them as well. There are about four buildings like that on the road.

1. I bet it looks great seeing them all in a row.

It does. I’m not sure when they were built but they are not modern.

5. Amy says:

Beautiful lines you captured, Anne. 🙂

Thank you Amy. It was fun to have this challenge at a time when I am away from home and horses!

6. Irene says:

Always enjoy a different take on a challenge. 😊

7. Love pictures 💕💕 great imagination:)

Thank you. I had fun doing this challenge and I’m glad you enjoyed it too.

8. Great selection of Squares, Anne 😁

The building in Pimlico, London, is especially inspired!

Isn’t it? There is a whole row of them on one side of the street.