Candid Moments Captured

This week Ann-Christine has chosen “Candid” for the Lens-Artists Challenge #67. Not many of the photos I take are of candid moments. Although it could be argued that all horse photos are candid as they are not “posing” for them. But I decided to go back through my files and find some candid photos. I started with a trip to Vietnam and Cambodia several years ago.

Fashion on a bike in Hanoi
Golf course groundskeepers, no sun exposure=whiter skin!
Young child at Ta Phrom (Angkor) Cambodia
This little one is delighted with her image in the mirror.
Officer inspects a young Irish Guardsman.
A moment of rest in a London park.
Cambodian pony at Angkor Wat waiting to give rides to children.
My daughter and Grandson after Thanksgiving Dinner.

Thank you for this challenge Ann-Christine. It has been fun to look through photos to find the candid shots.

1. Wonderful collection, great memories.

2. Laleh Chini says:

Dear Anne a great share indeed.

Thank you so much for this comment Laleh.

3. The last one is perfection ♥️

1. It’s beautiful, and they are gorgeous.

I think so too. Silas is not usually very cuddly so I just snapped this with my phone when it happened and it made a lovely photo. Thanks for commenting.

4. Megala says:

Beautiful captures! Nice to see those embellishments on the face of a horse.

It is nice to see. Also the pony was in good weight and well looked after which is good. Thanks for taking a look at the post and for commenting.

I love the photo of your daughter and grandson!

I do too. It was a serendipity capture as he is not usually a cuddly little kid but at that moment he was.

6. Beautiful clicks!!❤️

I love this challenge, wonderful photos! My favorite is your daughter with your grandson! So precious! ♥️

Thank you Diana that one is my favorite too!

8. These are great, Anne. That kid enjoying her reflection in the mirror really has to make people smile. And the groundskeepers, with their scarves & hats, look like a scene from a sci-fi movie, what a strange sight!

It was bizarre but all over Vietnam we saw people, mostly women, going to great lengths to avoid getting any sun on their skin. White skin is preferable. In Cambodia our guide said that the Vietnamese would call him a “black man”. I asked what did they call themselves and he said :” White”. “So what am I?” I asked him. “More white ” was his reply . We both laughed!

9. iScriblr says:

Excellent shots!😊

Thank you for this comment! Much appreciated.

10. Leya says:

These are all great, Anne – So glad you went back to find them for us! It is difficult to choose a favorite here, but the tenderness in your daughter and grandson photo is heart warming.

Yes I love that photo. He is five and not always cuddly but he was just at that moment. It warms my heart too.

11. Wonderful pictures/share 😍😛💕💕

Thanks Victoria! It was fun finding the photos.

12. Irene says: