Old, New, Borrowed and Blue

This week the lens-artist challenge #58 from Patti Moed is Old, New, Borrowed and Blue. On a wedding day the Bride should wear something from each of these categories for good luck. But as Patti points out these things can bring good luck any time. So here goes!

OLD

Back in the day transpost was in carriages like this one seen in the Green Meadows class at the Royal Winter Fair.

Then along came Mr. Ford and his Model A. I took this photo at the Antique and Classic Car show in Stouffville today.

But the horse was not entirely forgotten as can be seen in this 1965 Mustang.

And here is a 1949 Mercury made the same year I was born. So….I guess….Older.

BORROWED and also BLUE

The Road Runner “borrowed” its’ name from the cartoon character.

It had a car horn that sounded like the “beep beep” the cartoon character was famous for and even the inside of the engine is blue.

NEW

Here is an old car with very new artwork on it.

Finally an old 1947 Fire Truck and the version from today.

1. Leya says:

Love these, Anne! My favorite – and laugh – was the Roadrunner!

I really enjoyed that one too Leya. Thanks for commenting and letting me know.

2. I am always fascinated with these old models and their designs . Thank you so much for this post.

You are most welcome. I’m glad you enjoyed them.

3. Even all the old models are new to me. Great collection treat to see it.

It was fun for me too to see them. Glad you enjoyed them.

4. Amy says:

Cool collection here, Anne! Beautiful!

5. Love the way you put it all together.

6. One has to love the story of the Mustang…the car 🚗 And the 🐎 .

7. Tina Schell says:

Perfect opportunity for this week’s challenge Anne and you definitely made the most of it! Some great choices here. Of course the roadrunner but the flames car is pretty fancy too!!

Thank you Tina. Yes that flames car is really something.

I am still musing the “beeb, beeb” Road Runner car horn. I can’t imagine it was very effective, apart from making people laugh!

I have to admit I don’t remember this but my husband David said right away ” oh look its got the roadrunner beep beep horn: . I think safety issues were not foremost back in the day.

Yes, you are probably right. I forgot it was from “olden times”!!

Great photos for this challenge! I love car shows, my husband’s favorite thing to attend. We haven’t gone to one in years! Maybe one of these days we will attend one again. What a fun challenge! ♥️

This was the first time I have been to a car show.My husband goes every year with a friend but the friend couldn’t go this year. I had a great time and really enjoyed it.

10. pattimoed says:

Great job on the challenge, Anne. Your “borrowed” shot fits the challenge perfectly!

Thank you Patti the Road Runner car was a bonus!

1. pattimoed says: