Biasini Speaks: My Bodyguard’s Other Job.

Hello again Dear Humans! Ma Leueen told me that Monday is supposed to be her Monday Memes or Minstrels or something but I insisted that I be allowed to put something on the blob. It has been ages since I got to post anything and I did want to share something with you. When I put up the post about my Bodyguard Kahn a couple of humans asked if he did any other jobs besides being a paddock bodyguard. Well….he does. He is a dressage horse.

I asked Ma Leueen to go and take a photo of him doing his dressage horse work with Coach Lou riding him. So here is a photo of Khan dressaging.

Here is one more. He is not rearing, he is doing a pirouette and Ma Leueen just captured the important moment.

So there you have it Dear Humans! Khan the Dressage Horse. Till next time

!

1. Gabriel M. says:

The photos taken are impressive. The last one is a perfect capture, like in a movie scene! Khan is super amazing! ❀️

He is an impressive fellow. Thanks for commenting.

2. Our dogs enjoy their big dog friends too. Always good to surround oneself with happy large friends whether horse or dog…or maybe both.

3. Gosh he looks like a big horse, I can see how he got the nickname bodyguard

He is at least 18hh and he’s huge. Biasini was nervous in the paddock alone so Khan was put in as the bodyguard. It has worked well as they are getting along well.

4. Biasini, you make me giggle – “on the blob” Haha!!

I’m happy to bring some mirth to your day Wild Human. I always call it the blob. Thanks for commenting 🐎🐴

Khan is a very powerful looking horse. Are dressage horses a special breed or do other breeds of horses go into “the mix” as it were? After all, some of the racehorses of the 18th century were descended from some arabian horses (I read a storybook about racing horses as a kid and “fact” seem to stick in my memory).

You are correct that the Arab horses were the foundation stallions for the Thoroughbred racehorses. The most prevalent breed in dressage are the Warmbloods that are mostly of German origin; Hanoverian, Westphalian, Oldenburg etc.. They are called warm blood as the original breeding included crosses between thoroughbreds(hot) and draft horses (cold) . The temperature refers to temperament not body temps.πŸ˜‚

Oh, that’s fascinating. So warmbloods are more “highly strung” and the cart horses “steadier” temperments?

Basically yes
          Arabs and Thorouhgbreds are more highly strung and the warmbloods fall in the middle with the heavy horses less excitable I have been told that among the heavy horses the Percherons are the most likely to be excitable. But for the most part they are all steadier and calmer.

I should add that Khan is an Oldenburg Freisian cross so he is a bit of an unusual fellow.

What a great name “Oldenberg Freisan”, yes, he looks Germanic (if I horse can look Germanic, that is).

6. heikevoss says:

Danke fΓΌr die so tollen Fotos. Das Pferd ist ja so edel. Bin begeistert.

My horse Biasini could reply in German as he was born in Germany but I apologize for not being able to speak German. But I can understand your comment. Danke.

1. heikevoss says:

I do that with the Googel translator. Your horse Biasini is so noble. Send you greetings from Germany.

7. Hi Biasini, happy to meet you after a while. Your friend looks so majestic, its really a treat to eyes picture. Thanks for sharing.

You ate most welcome Subbashini Human. I am passing on all this nice e words the Humans have given in their comments to Khan.🐎

Kahn is impressive, and for his size does beautiful dressage. Thank you for sharing with your Ma! ❀️

You have one imposing friend, Biasini. Kahn looks to be powerful, yet light on his feet.

10. Irene says:

Khan is beautiful. Thanks for another delightful post, Biasini. 😊

You are most welcome Irene Human.🐎

11. storyspiller says:

Lovely horse! He so majestic!

Thank you Storyspiller Human. I will tell Khan of your nice compliment .🐎

12. Khan possesses such a powerful presence – with controlled strength. So glad he has your back, Biasini!
    πŸ˜‰

Thank you Laura Human. He is a very big fellow but has a good heart.

Thank you for commenting Juli Human. I’ll let Khan know of your compliment. 🐎

13. Khan looks very impressive! Brilliant photos. πŸ™‚ xx

Thank you I will let Ma Leueen know of your nice comment. 🐎

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )