I’d Rather Be….and I am!

This week’s WordPress Photo Challenge is “I’d rather be…..”   Well….that  is an absolute no brainer for me. I would rather be riding. If I am feeling low, or stressed, I go to the barn,  ride, and my whole attitude changes. My spirits lift and I feel much better. Without riding, without my horse my life would be very different. To celebrate this I am posting some photos taken of Biasini and me during recent competitions.  First of all the show at White Fences Equestrian with photos by professional photographer Joanna Jodko. Second,  photos by Susan Stickle, the official photographer for the Adequan Global Dressage Festival. If you would like to know more about Susan Stickle and her life as a photographer of horses I will leave a link to my blog post about her below.

Here are the photos from White Fences by Joanna Jodko at White Fences. Thank you Joanna!

WBWFIII022318-5664

WBWFIII022418-6743

WBWFIII022418-6771

Now the photos by Susan Stickle. (Thank you Susan!) In this first one, the man in the hat, on the right, taking video on a phone is my husband!

PersonalWEBlicense.LWilloughby.8GD84791©susanjstickle.com._

PersonalWEBlicense.LWilloughby.8GD92138©susanjstickle.com._

PersonalWEBlicense.LWilloughby.8GD92149©susanjstickle.com._

And finally….this smile should tell you that this is what I would rather be doing….

PersonalWEBlicense.LWilloughby.8GD84754©susanjstickle.com._

Here is the link the blog post I wrote about Susan Stickle. She was the first person I interviewed and wrote about for my blog!  Do take a look.

1. Oh, he just looks marvellous! So glad to see you both killing it down in FL!

Thank you so much for this terrific comment. As you know a lot of hard work and steps both backward and forward on the part of both horse and rider go into actually having some success. I am so happy with Biasini and he has really worked hard and done his best at this new level.

2. O.D. says:

Those are some amazing pictures Anne!

Thanks! Both the photographers are professionals and it is wonderful to have them take photos of Biasini and me.

3. N says:

Anne this post is my favorite! I love the pictures…how often can we say I’d rather be…and I am. This is so inspiring.

Well I’ve been practising living in the “now” and making choices to be where I want to be for some time now. There are advantages to being older!

4. I would rather be riding too… my horse is my therapist and no matter how bad Miss Bratty Pants acts, it is still better than any day at work!

Haha! Yes! Biasini can sometimes be a real bully but without him my life would be much poorer! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

5. cigarman501 says:

What a smart looking pair!

6. Jeff Rab says:

You are right Anne! Fantastic pictures! Biasini is a magnificent creature!

7. Both of you look stunning, Anne..

Thanks so much Nurul!

He’s a fine horse! (and I’d rather be painting!)

Thank you and yes, I’m sure you would!

9. misifusa says:

Beautiful Anne! LOVE the photos of you both!

Thank you so much!

10. That’s the best when you already are doing what you would rather be doing!

11. Lignum Draco says:

It’s fantastic that you love the life you live. These are wonderful photos.

Thank you. I usually take my own photos but for this I wanted to use the professionals’ photos of my horse and me. Thanks for your comment.

12. Such beautiful photos!

Thank you for commenting!

You both are in fine form, Anne! I love the motion captured.

14. shiarrael says:

Wow, you guys are stunningly beautiful! ❤ The first and the last picture are my favorites. The first because it looks like Biasini is all contained energy, ready to rock. The last one, because you both look so happy (and I could swear there is a small thinking bubble containing carrots over Biasini's head!)

I am, of course, in full agreement with your assertion.
    There's a small plaque at the barn here saying "Das Glueck dieser Erde liegt auf dem Ruecken der Pferde" – roughly translated "Happiness on earth is found on the back of a horse"

Thank you for this wonderful comment. Biasini does get carrots as an after ride treat!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )