I am honored to be nominated for a Bloggers Recognition Award by Susmitamukherjee of Uniquesus. I urge you to take a look at this blog. Susmita writes poetry and prose. The short stories are really very good ; they take you into the world that Susmita creates and carry you along and then…..there is an ending that will catch you by surprise. One of the things that I also appreciate about the stories is that they are set on the other side of the world and for me it is a glimpse into a culture and a country I have never been to. Here is a link to the blog. https://susmitamukherjee.wordpress.com/
The rules for accepting this award as follows.
- Give thanks to the person who had nominated you and a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Briefly tell how you started blogging.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on the nominated blogs and let them know you have nominated them and give a link to the post you have created.
How did I start blogging.
The photo for this award is particularly appropriate. It is an old type writer, the kind I started on in high school, no electricity you had to push hard on the keys. And no ‘delete’ or ‘backspace’. If you made a typo you had to erase it carefully by hand. If you re-read a paragraph and decided it was all rubbish you snatched the paper out of the typewriter, scrunched it into a ball and threw it across the room or maybe just onto the floor. In the photo you have all this history.
I wrote , on a similar typewriter, in my twenties, for magazines; interviews, reviews and some short stories. I also had a proper day job so the writing was an extra . A few years ago I began to write about the Florida horse show season for a British website and last March my adult son and daughter persuaded me to start my own blog. The freedom to write about what I want and to write without an editor changing the focus of what I have written is a real joy. The other great joy is that I have found other bloggers in so many different parts of the world and getting to know them and read their work is a privilege.
Two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Write about the things that interest you in life and write for yourself. Write for the joy of it.
- Take advantage of the Word Press online courses to make the most of your blog. Their Blogging U courses are worthwhile and fun.
I nominate the following bloggers for the award.
- Centered in the Saddle
- AHA Moments
- Shivashish Speaks
- Stories of Wanderer
- Frank Prem
- Notis Stamos photography
- Horse for Elinor
- A Writer’s Life
- The $900 Facebook Pony
- La Rioja el mundo desde mi guardavinas
- Build a Dean
- My Art and Me.
There are many others that I enjoy reading as well. This is just my ‘starter’ list.
I’d love to hear from you!