Last on the Card.

Here is my “last on the card” for Bushboy’s challenge. No editing done on this gem!

Asparagus! Just cut from our asparagus patch. This patch is at the back side of our house. We never fertilize it, barely weed it, and each spring we just take down the dead growth from the previous year. And it never disappoints us! Masses of stalks come up during the growing season. Fresh asparagus is a delicious treat.

1. Diana says:

I Love asparagus but have never grown my own. How wonderful to have fresh asparagus for lunch or dinner!! Yum!

We certainly enjoy it! Thanks for commenting Diana.

2. Wow, that looks good! My sister-in-law says that they have wild asparagus where they live, though she’s thinking of growing her own personal patch for the family.

3. Neal Saye says:

That looks terrifically fresh!

Only picked 10 minutes before photo was taken.

4. That’s awesome! What a great treat πŸ˜‹

5. doar nicole says:

Delicious treat… and lovely green, and photo! πŸ™‚

Thanks Nicole!

6. Michele Lee says:

Looks like a delicious “last on the card.” Enjoy!

7. Lucky you. The end of May is just the beginning of June

8. Prior... says:

Wow! This asparagus seems to grow easy for you and had a perfect spot on the side of the house!
    Looks delish

I never cease to be amazed at how well it does with almost no care at all

1. Prior... says:

It really is in a sweet spot then!
        One year when I killed all
        My lavender plants and the seeds didn’t grow for me
        We went to a mechanic (had muffler work to do) and walking in – there was this huge (four feet??) lavender plant growing better the sidewalk and building .
        The garage manager let me take a few cuttings and it made me curious as to why it thrives right there?? The right sun – the right soil – etc

I think we have been very lucky with our asparagus. Full son, a somewhat samdy soil. Who knows? But whatever it is we love the results.

1. Prior... says:

β˜€οΈπŸ˜Š

9. Laura says:

Wow, I cannot imagine having fresh asparagus, lovely image. What is the growing season for asparagus?

May and June then it starts to grow up into long stalks. If we kept cutting it it might keep going but July gets hot so it might not.

10. bushboy says:

That is so good when you have a great meal without too much effort to produce and is easy to cook as well. They look great as a Last Photo as well. Thanks for joining in Anne πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

You’re most welcome. I hope you’ll keep this challenge going as it is lots of fun.

1. bushboy says:

I will Anne, plenty of people love my challenge idea and it really is easy to host. Thanks for your support πŸ‘β€