Up and Down the field in Summer Soccer

This summer our daughter enrolled our 6 year old grandson in a soccer club. He has really enjoyed it. The energy level is amazing as these little kids run up and down, and up and down, the field. I am responding to Sofia’s Up and Down Lens artists challenge #164 with some photos from a game we watched a few weeks ago. You can spot our Grandson in his bright yellow and orange boots.

It is a serious business this soccer!
The team has boys and girls and the girls are equally serious about it.
He’s giving it a good kick up toward the goal!
Dad is keeping his eye on the game.
Grandma(me) and Mum (my daughter) are catching up on all the news and watching the game as well of course!
Look up! When the soccer field is adjacent to Canada’s largest air force base some of the biggest planes fly over.
But the game continues! Up and Down the field.

Our Grandson’ team did not win the evening that we watched him play. But I told him that it is not possible to win all the time and they had played very well. Besides, I told him, earlier in the summer the England Team had lost to the Italian Team and the England Team is one of the best in the world and the whole country of England was hoping they would win. He smiled and said that even if they didn’t win he had a good time playing.

1. JohnRH says:

Excellent. So much running. I’m exhausted!

I know how you feel. I was there and it was a very warm evening and I was worn out just watching. Thanks John

2. Great photos. I just love the concentration & tell him in the photos he has a great running form. How wonderful that you got to spend time with your fam & it looked like such a beautiful day. Would be kinda cool to have the planes fly over. Gotta love a yarn between gals.

Thank you for commenting! He does have great running form and he is speedy! We talk with our daughter almost everyday but seeing her in person and being able to have a chat is the best. Those Hercules planes are massive. Our daughter’s husband is in the air force and he used to work on those planes but now he is training other new members of the forces.

So nice to be out and about with your family!

4. J.W.S. says:

Having a good time is what it is all about.

5. Anne Sandler says:

Great interpretation for this challenge and well photographed.

Thanks Anne.I am not used to photographing running children but it was fun to experiment and I did get some good shots Thanks for leaving a comment.

6. Irene says:

Priceless time with family. ❤️

Yes it is priceless. Thanks Irene.

7. Prior... says:

i coached or helped coach around a dozen youth soccer teams in my day someone post was right up my field !
    ha
    and anne, sounds like you are instilling the right wisdom about it “W” – it is not that it doesn’t matter (play to win) but it sure is not everything (no way) and then you added true extra element of even some of the best teams in the world will not always win!
    good advice

Thank for this comment Prior. I just wanted him to feel it was ok to loose if he had done his best. He seemed pretty cool about it.

1. Prior... says:

It will
        Help him off the field as well (and nice photo of you on the sidelines 😉

8. Sofia Alves says:

Great take on the theme and your photos reminded me how much we’re missing from family life. It’s hard for them to realise you can’t always win, my boy has to also learn how to win 😀
    Thank you for your post, I really enjoyed it.

I’m so glad you enjoyed the post Sofia. We live two hours away from our daughter and her family but it is an easy drive to get up to see them. We are going back in two weeks to see the final games of the soccer season. Thanks to you for the challenge.

9. Tina Schell says:

Good for you for being with family Anne – so difficult these days. And I loved your advice to your grandson – spot on!! Love to watch little kids as they play and enjoy sports of all kinds. Their energy and enthusiasm is always so contagious!

Yes Tina that is so true. Their energy amazes me. Our daughter lives about 2 hours from us but it is an easy drive to get to see them. There was a tough time when we were in the Covid lockdown that we were not supposed to travel at all and so we did not see them but now we can go and it is so much fun. Thanks for your comment.

1. Tina Schell says:

Lucky you Anne – and lucky them!

10. Diana says:

Love this post! Memories being made with family! So fun he is out playing soccer and that he is learning you don’t always win! Such lovely photos! ❤️

Thanks Diana. We will be back to see him on the 18th for the end of season games. They live two hours away so we can’t just drop in anytime but it is so much fun to see these youngsters.

11. You got some good action shots, glad your grandson is enjoying ⚽️ soccer. Must be easy to get distracted when the giant cargo planes are overhead!

These are all local kids and the planes go over often so most of them are used to it. For my husband and me however it is pretty amazing and those Hercules planes have a big roar too. Thanks for commenting Robert.

12. Best sport ever, and glad he is playing ⚽️❤️