“If you are arriving by land, sea or air from any one of 22 countries you will be required to do a 14 day isolation in a government chosen hotel. You may only travel if it is Essential. Holidays are NOT essential.” “You must sign a declaration of WHY you must travel before you leave.” “The curfew begins at 7pm and ends at 4 am. You will be fined if found out and about during the curfewed times.” I have not made these up I heard all of these new restrictions on a reliable news source.
Why are the numbers still going up? How long with the lockdown be? When will the schools reopen?
Have you got Covid Fatigue? You know you have it when you realize you are:
- Desensitized to numbers of new cases, numbers of people in ICU, numbers of people who died today.
- Reaching the point where you cannot remember not wearing a mask everywhere.
- Realizing the vaccine is not a silver bullet.
- Accepting Covid is not going away by the summer or the fall or…. ever?
- Wondering if the new variant will be the one to kill you, or someone you love.
- Feeling at least ten years older than when this all started one year ago.
Covid Fatigue is NOT long haul Covid. That goes light years beyond fatigue. It is exhaustion on a level we could never have imagined possible.
Covid Fatigue is NOT the cause of protesters howling for protection of their “rights” and so on .Those people have a different motivation. Those protesters needed an identity and a group to belong to and now they have found it.
People suffering from Covid Fatigue have been wearing their masks, staying home, eating take out food, closing their shops or restaurants and loosing their businesses and livelihoods. They have been doing their best and Covid still seems to be winning.
I am certain that I have Covid Fatigue. But I am lucky. I have a solution. His name is Biasini.
But I am not alone. There is a new acknowledgement that horses can provide therapy for people suffering from Covid Fatigue and Covid stress. Horse Canada recently published an article on two organizations that were offering programs designed to assist people suffering from Covid Fatigue that was producing depression, anxiety and isolation. Here is link to the article. Do take a look and see how horses are helping and why horses are uniquely suitable for this task.
- photos other than mine are Pixabay*
I’d love to hear from you!