What is Striped? What Checked?

This week Ann Christine has given us the challenge of Striped and Checked. I had to think about this challenge. Did I have anything? Striped? Checked? I searched my archives.

Chihuly glass. Striped at Kew Gardens.

A covered arena in Florida. Striped and checked .

Striped support in modern London architecture.

A checkered window and the background striped.

Striped and checked in Leadenhall market, London

Checked in London near the Tate Britain.

Thank you Ann Christine for this interesting challenge. No horses with stripes or checks but I had fun going through my archives

. But wait.…. Tina has the best shots of the striped equines, but here is something I snapped at Lake Nakuru Kenya many years ago.

1. Amy says:

Great choices, I love the last image especially.
    Sorry for being late. I spent much time this week on today’s theme.

Thanks Amy. No worries about being late.

2. pattimoed says:

Great collection, Anne. I love your architectural shots and the Chihuly is a great idea! I wouldn’t have thought of that one!

Thanks Patti. Glad you enjoyed it.

3. Marsha says:

I love the London building, Anne, and zebras are always a welcome picture. Tina also did a great job of getting up close and personal. Is that rhubarb in Kew Gardens? The color is so vivid. It’s a great picture. πŸ™‚

The Kew Gardens photo is of a Chihuly glass sculpture. There was an exhibition of his glass sculptures in different parts of Kew Gardens. It was amazing.

1. Marsha says:

Okay, boy am I uncultured! That is a stunning picture. πŸ™‚

You are not uncultured you saw a wonderful edible!

1. Marsha says:

LOL And you are so kind. There’s nothing better than strawberry rhubarb pie. I guess I thought what a great pie they would make! πŸ™‚ thanks, Anne!

I love rhubarb! and it makes one of my favorite pies!

3. Marsha says:

Yes, yes, and yes. πŸ™‚ Here’s wishing one for you, Anne, as soon as it turns spring. πŸ™‚

The zebras were pretty fab!

What a fun challenge and love all your photos you shared! Chihuly glass is amazing, so beautiful!! ❀️ Have to live the zebras too! πŸ¦“ πŸ₯°

6. Anne Sandler says:

Outstanding examples of striped and checked Anne!

7. JohnRH says:

Excellent examples Anne. Love the Chihuly, love the checkerboard building, love the zeal.

Thank you John I appreciate your comment. I have very much enjoyed your responses to this challenge.

8. Leya says:

Terrific gallery, Anne! Chihuly keeps popping up, reminding me I haven’t seen anything of it myself…Love your brown and white checkered house – marvelous. And you HAD checked horses! A lovely photo of zebras long ago – I can imagine your children in awe as well. It seems you had some fun with the challenge too – though like many others thought you would not find anything at first…thank you for joining in!

Thank you and thanks to you for this very interesting challenge !!

1. Leya says:

β™₯ My pleasure – seeing all different, clever, funny, surprising posts!

Love that last image, Anne!

I’m glad you like it. I took it with a point and snap little camera when we were in Kenya in the late 90’s. We had our two kids with us and they were 10 and 12 years old. Seeing the animals in Kenya on the morning game trips and the afternoon trips was amazing. Both our kids would be silently watching with their mouths open in wonder.

A memorable experience for all!

10. Megala says:

Wow! Beautiful collection! It is so interesting to look for the stripes & checks around us.

It is isn’t it. I was not sure I could find anything and then looking through my archives I found several. Thanks for your comment πŸ™‚

11. Tina Schell says:

Some wonderful architectural examples Anne, especially the one near the Tate, and of course I loved the Chihuly glass – he’s so amazing. One of my friends’ son studied with him and she has some amazing glass that he’s done. Many thanks for the shout-out, your zebras are beautiful. I think that may be the largest group I’ve seen.

Thank you Tina..The zebras were gathering by a river. Our guide told us they gather in groups of hundreds and then on some silent cue they all run and go for the river and swim across.