Sunday Stills

The migration has begun in earnest now. Birds do not have any concerns about Covid, or closed borders so they are heading South . The geese are gathering in large numbers and picking up some corn kernels before they take to the sky.

A huge flock of starlings and red winged blackbirds landed on our front lawn recently. There were literally hundreds of them.

They came closer to the house to check out our bird feeder.

We do not have any corn in our feeder but this looks like a corn kernel in this beak!

1. Very good to see so much of birds, and thanks for showing one very near.

I have two cameras sitting on the side of my desk in our kitchen eating area. O ne has a long lens and that is what I use to get close ups of the birds. I take the photos through the kitchen window. I am about 15 feet away from them. I’m so glad you enjoyed the birds. Thanks for letting me know.

2. Amy says:

Nice to see these visitors. Love the last image, it gives a close look of this beautiful bird.

Thank you. I think it has a look of ” this is mine and no one is taking it from me.” ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Beautiful and glad they have that corn to fill their little belly’s for the long migrating flight!

Yes before the corn was harvested thr squirrels would go into the field and come out with entire cobs of corn. Then once harvested the geese and other birds picked up all the kernels left behind.

We stood and watch some geese fly away over Gower last week. It was quite moving to see them in a line, taking turns to fly at the head of the group.

It is an amazing sight. They do take turns at the lead and then drop back. I thinknit takes more energy at the front.

5. Tranature - quiet moments in nature says:

What a treat to see these birds visiting and feeding Anne! Wishing you and yours a wonderful Sunday ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงก

Thank you Xenia. Today we have rain and cold winds so all the birds are sheltering. The geese have left us now.

6. Wow! Beautiful ๐Ÿฆ

Thank you. Today it is cold, rainy and windy and the birds are all in the bushes sheltering. The geese have flown south!๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you Susie!