The Uber Model loves the Forest Trails.

I call the horse ,whose real name is Touch Me Marso, the Uber Model. This is because he has such fabulously long legs and is so tall and elegant. Look at him. And yes, that is me sitting up there on him.

My coach, Belinda Trussell, was showing last weekend so she asked if I could take Touch for a ride. I got barn manager Carl to stand in front of him while I got on. It takes me a bit to get on as I cannot just swing my leg up and over. My replaced hip is not capable of that move. Touch seemed to know that and stood quietly. Carl gave him some treats to reward this behavior.

I walked him in the arena for about ten minutes and then did a few circles of trot. It is quite a trot! Then we went out to the forest. We spent about 40 minutes walking the trails including Biasini’s favorite the Goat Trail. Touch really enjoyed his time on the trails.

Here is something to consider. This horse is well on his way to a very successful international career at the top of the sport. And he can also be taken, by a rider he does not know, and enjoy a nice trail ride. In my opinion this is a huge plus. The horses doing the Grand Prix work need a break for their bodies and their minds. But many are nervous going for a trail ride. Not Touch. He loves it and that long legged walk carried me through the woods and up and down the hills.

1. Seems Touch is not only a very good athlete, he also has a wonderful character. What a gem.

You are right. The character is so important. He is a gem.

2. David says:

Touch is a handsome, handsome horse. The daughters trail ride their horses and cross train them on an easy cross-country “course”. It gives them the much needed break from practice, both horse and rider. Hope Biasini didn’t find out you rode another horse. 🙂

I walked past his paddock on the way to the forest. He looked up but didn’t seem to mind and went back to eating.

He’s very handsome – clearly a “gentleman” too!

4. Good to know an expirence with new horse. Is there any chance of horses behaving wild or different with new persons.

It could be possible with a novice rider who was nervous. Horses can sense nervousness in the rider and that can make them nervous too.

5. Valerie says:

I really enjoy your posts! I’m getting back to riding after having had both hips replaced and am finding it more difficult than I expected. I haven’t been on yet but, after a couple of false starts, I’m now able to reach the stirrup and stand up in it. Next step will be to try to swing my leg over.

mounting up is the only problem I have. Once I’m on both my replaced hips work very well. I get on by folding up my right leg and then leading down into the right side of the saddle with my knee. But if you have a goos range of motion you may be able to just swing your leg up and over.

How FUN!! It is nice to be able to get on and ride another horse every once in awhile. And what a calm, handsome fellow. You look wonderful up there, and what a nice relaxing ride! ❤️🤠🐴❤️

I was honored to be asked to take him for a trail ride. He is a horse with a very bright future and I am certain big international competitions are on his horizon. But he is so safe on the trails Belinda knew I would be fine. He enjoys it so much .He came from Denmark and he was taken on trail rides there as a youngster.

7. What a great ride for you. Love it.

What a special treat for you both!

Yes it is. I dont do any training work with Touch. Only Belinda does that. But it is nice to take him out to the woodland trails.

9. Tina Schell says:

Well he’s no Biasini but he is indeed a beautiful horse! How sweet that he gently allowed you to be seated.

I think horses just get it when they feel a somewhat awkward person getting on. But just in case he got impatient with me Carl was there to assist with treats. He is a beautiful horse and he has 3 impressive gaits! His trot is amazing.

10. Handsome horse! And what a beautiful long leg you have. You both look lovely together. That IS a huge plus to have a horse that is comfortable in the arena AND the trail. Wonderful to enjoy the trails together.

He is a very handsome horse and has tremendous talent as well. I have seen Belinda training him and he is so impressive. Amd to be able to go out on the forest trails so calmly is a real plus. Thanks for reading and for leaving a comment.

11. Juli Hoffman says:

I would think the trail work could only be of benefit to him later on. Great post!

Yes, it will be a great benefit for him mentally and physically. Thanks for ckmmenting !