Winter!

Ann Christine has given us Lens- Artists #107 Challenge Winter. While I may think photos of winter are very pretty and picturesque winter is not my favorite season. I do not like the cold. I do not like driving in icy conditions or heavy snow. I do not like riding my horse in the cold either. But I will have to adopt a better attitude because for the first time in 12 years we will be here in Canada all winter long. Our usual escape to Florida has been cancelled due to Covid. Here is our Winter Wonderland.

Evening looking over the fields at the back of our house.
8 am in the morning, looking at the road, from our kitchen.
The same view, at 10 am, the same morning. Never a dull moment!
Mid May and winter was still with us,although the snow was usually gone by noon. . We heard the hummingbirds had arrived in Southern Ontario, so we put up the feeder to welcome them. It was June before they appeared.

1. Rupali says:

Beautiful winter images Anne.

2. pattimoed says:

I’m not a big fan of driving in winter either, Anne. And like you, I’ll be in the deep freeze this winter. But maybe I should go back to snowshoeing and cross country skiing! I’d imagine that horseback riding would be absolutely chilling in the cold. I’m especially drawn to your header image. The light and colors are beautiful.

Autumn is a wonderful time for hacking out into the forest. But I have not done it in winter for many, many years. But I am determined to do it this winter. I have a quarter sheet for Biasini to wear to keep his hind end warm. The farrier will put special snow attachments onto his two front feet which are shod. I am getting thrmal underwear and have a good down jacket so we will go for it. If there is ice then we cannot go outside but I hope to be able to get out once a week. The rest of the time we are in the arena training.

3. Winter is beautiful, might be only for the look

Yes. Shovelling snow and scraping ice off the car windows as well as getting dressed into multiple layers of clothing and scarfs and mittens is what makes winter harder work. The horses too have winter blankets for the cold

4. JohnRH says:

Excellent photos. I love the 8am/10am. Superb.

It is years since I have actually seen snow…too mild by the sea here. I am sorry you don’t like the cold.

I may not like it but I can learn to live with it.๐Ÿ˜€

6. Winters must be tough for you! It doesn’t snow much here, but these pictures made me really happy!

Gald you enjoyed the photos.

7. So sorry you won’t be here. Although we have never met, I feel like you are a neighbor ๐Ÿ˜˜

I feel the same about you Susie. When we do get back down to Florida maybe in 2022? We will come over to your side and say hello!

1. Sounds amazing. I have to almost force hubby to go to Treasure island. Now his legs are so weak he just wants to be close to home.

Hang in there Susie. I saw you got walks in the beach and you have to keep your own mental and physical health up. So carry on!

1. As long as I can get him in the car.

8. Amy says:

Beautiful winter wonderland, indeed!

9. Leya says:

Lovely – and I love winter when it is real winter. I also love the interruption with going away to a warmer place for a week or two! Hope winter will be OK and not too cold now that you have to stay in Canada.

Ir will be what it will be but I will make the besr of it!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1. Leya says:

I am sure you will! The first part: “It will be what it will be” is what we all must accept this year (at least…)

10. Irene says:

Oh, my goodness! You have a long winter season but your view is gorgeous. ๐Ÿ˜Š

The snow in May is not usual. But this year we had snow overnight and by noon it would melt. But it is a loooong winter.

Absolutely beautiful, but totally understand the harshness and have lived in icy cold, freezing conditions before so I totally understand. Hoping this winter will be mild. โค๏ธ

Lovely winter scenes! It always seems winter sunsets are especially beautiful!

Yes the sunsets are often dramatic. Thanks for leaving a comment Sandy.

13. Wonderful pictures Anne!!!

14. Tina Schell says:

Quite beautiful Anne. As long as you stay indoors๐Ÿ˜Š

I agree Tina๐Ÿ˜„

15. I actually enjoy winter, even though I don’t like extreme cold. These scenes you’ve posted are beautiful, and look even better to me, during this muggy weather.

I’m glad I brought you some cooling thoughts with the photos.๐Ÿ™‚

16. I donโ€™t like cold either but these pictures are really beautiful! A truly winter wonderland โ„๏ธ

Yes it is pretty and for the first month it is nice but as winter wears on it gets harder to like it!

1. I know ๐Ÿ˜Š Weโ€™ve chosen Singapore for this reason too…i was sick of winter and here its always summer โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‰

17. Sri says: