Spring into Summer

This week Tina has given us the Lens-Artists Challenge #105 . Spring. I am going to cheat a bit as last week was summer and today I am going to submit photos taken in the spring and the same plants or locations taken in the summer.

Geranium (possibly G. himalayense) leaves in spring
Geranium in summer bloom
Sedum Purple Emperor in spring
Summer
Alchemilla Mollis ( Lady’s Mantle) after spring rain.
Summer
Spring Corn just springing up
Summer corn 4 foot high.

I took the photo of the summer corn last week, mid week, now it is about a foot and a half taller. If I stand next to it I cannot see over it to the trees at the neighbours driveway. This corn is not on our property we just live on one acre at the corner of another farmers land. Thank you for this challenge Tina. I’m glad I took photos of spring when I did and found a place for them in this post.

1. da-AL says:

what a fun post, Anne β€” at first I thought, β€œbut where are the horse photos?” but then much enjoyed especially the corn as well as your observations πŸ™‚

Thank you. This comment is much appreciated!

2. Love seeing how drastically things change between spring and summer!!!

3. JohnRH says:

Nice photos. Sedum is a favorite. I had some nice sedum as a ground cover where I once lived. Looked great.

4. Good to see comparing the same plants at both the seasons, in our part of world summer is place only for heat not for flowers

Here we have a short season of warm weather: June July August and the first half of September if we are lucky.. We do have spells of heat but they only last for a few days at a time.

5. Amy says:

A beautiful set of images of spring, Anne. Summer corn 4 foot high, Wow! Beautifully captured. πŸ™‚

Thanks for this encouraging comment Amy!

6. Teresa says:

Gorgeous photos.

BEAUTIFUL photos! I can’t believe how fast the corn grows! πŸ˜€

It is extraordinary! It literally grows as the day progresses. Soon we will see the ears of corn start to form.

8. etikser says:

A field of corn, for me, is live a field of sunflowers. It just says, ‘summer’.

9. Great shots, Anne. For some of us, spring and summer are similar except when the heat gets turned on.

Thank you Paulo!πŸ˜€

10. Love seeing flowers from all over the world. WordPress is amazing.

It is fun isn’t it!

11. Auntysocial says:

Corn here has now grown higher than my dogs can bounce! Only a couple of weeks ago they were able to trot through it head up and just peeking over the top. They’re nowhere to be seen now other than the swaying of it all side to side like ET running through it – you just see the movement but not what’s causing it.

HaHa! That’s a secret place for them then.

12. Tina Schell says:

This is a wonderful idea Anne, so glad it worked for you to cover both seasons! I absolutely loved the comparisons between seasons, they really tell a story. Excellent take on the challenge.

13. pattimoed says:

I used to work in a city surrounded by farms and I loved watching the corn growing throughout the summer. I love your idea of contrasting the same. plants in spring and summer. Wonderful idea. The purple geraniums are unusual. I’ve never seen them before. Great color.

The geranium is a species geranium . The ones with the big flowers that we usually grow in pots are technically, called pelargoniums. It is a nice smaller plant in the photo and the blooms are among the first in the garden after daffodils. Thanks for your comment Patti.