Macro Monday: Milkweed

The milkweed is much prized by the Monarch butterfly and I am familiar with how it looks in the summer. But this past week I found it in a different state while walking on the Oak Ridges Trail.This is how it looks after surviving the Canadian winter.

And here is the seed pod after it has opened. Delicate beauty!

I just had my Samsung phone with me, on the trail, to take these photos so this may not be a true “macro” shot but I thought they were worth including in Sunshine’s Macro Monday anyway.

Thank you again. I appreciate it

1. TCast says:

These are beautiful shots. Phones take wonderful photos nowadays.

Thank you! My phone did a good job for these photos I think.

So BEAUTIFUL! I’ve never seen them open. Not sure if I’ve ever seen them actually. Great photos!! πŸ˜€

I have never seen them at this stage. Thanks for commenting Diana.

3. Most certainly. Phones take great photos

4. Wow! Really delicate! I’ve never saw them!

It is the first time I’ve seen them. I guess the lockdown has me out on the trails much earlier in the year.

5. Lovely closeup/macro shots of milkweed and they work perfectly for this challenge. Thanks for sharing them here, Anne. 😊

Thank you Irene and I apologize for leaving two comments. It’s a Monday morning brain for me.

1. No problem at all. I rather have a link show up twice than to lose one somewhere in the world of WordPress. 😊