Hands Across the Blogosphere!

I am always  amazed at the reach of blog posts.  When I look at the analytics for my blog I wonder…..who are all those people?  I believe these are all actual humans and not gremlins. I look at all the countries they are in and I realize that they have read my blog posts. A recent post “When Life Hands You Lemons” was particularly interesting. This is a post about a very courageous horseman, Eddo Hoekstra, who rose above crippling health events to continue to do what he loves; teaching others how to connect with their horses.

Here is how far that post reached.

Capture (2)

The largest numbers of readers were in Canada, which is now Eddo’s home country and in the USA where he teaches clinics. But look at all the other countries.

Countries1

Eddo used to live in Bermuda  so there would be readers there. But South Korea? India?And there is more….

.countries2

I’m not sure that Eddo will be getting calls to teach clinics in the Philippines but there is one thing that is clear to me. Eddo’s story is a story of struggle, survival and triumph . It is a story of a person who overcame the odds and did it with a big and generous heart. That is a story that resonates with people all over the world whether they ride horses or not. This is what it comes down to. We can all identify with that.

Hands across the Blogosphere.

1. Avery says:

I find it interesting what posts get read where and what could make that happen

It is and to be honest I am often surprised at the ones that take off.

1. Avery says:

Right!? Me too

2. Cyranny says:

*waving the Canadian flag*

I have a weird obsession with flags on WordPress, instead of worrying about stats, and I really enjoyed your post! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Have a great Sunday! xx

Glad you enjoyed the post! I love the flags and the map I find it fascinating to see all those countries. Many thanks for your comment.

1. Cyranny says:

My pleasure 🙂

From one flag lover to another… I was wondering if you had the pleasure to welcome Greenland since you started blogging? (It is my holy grail, hehehehe)

By the way, I just noticed we were almost neighbours (I live in Montréal).

I must admit I don’t think I have noticed Greenland. Ah Montreal….a city full of character I’ve enjoyed visits there.

3. Cyranny says:

Yes, I really enjoy living here… there’s always something to see or enjoy. When is the last time you visited?

More than 10 years ago!

1. dray0308 says:

You are welcome!

3. The blog was a message of hope. I always have believed that hope can outweigh anything; even fear.

I’m not surprised how far your blog reaches, I love it!

Have a lovely day

Mel x

thank you Mel. Your comment is much appreciated and yes it is a message of hope.

4. The reach is really awesome….the world is effectively….a village…..

It is. I wish all of us could see it that way. Thank you for this comment.

1. Its completely my pleasure…… Anne….

5. I agree! My analytics tell me that my followers come from 90 countries! It’s hard to fathom!

It is hard to fathom but I think it means we have much more in common with people across the world than we may think. That is something to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving to you today!

6. The Hong Kong flag was from me.

Ah! Thank you. I’ve been to Hong Kong a couple of times but not for many years now. Nice to know where you are located!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )