Momentary, fleeting…transient.

This week’s Word Press Photo Challenge is the word Transient. Transient; a momentary , fleeting thing.  The  photos that immediately came to mind are the  ones of a horse in mid stride. That airborne moment.

L12

In dressage that is the moment we aim to achieve more of. More airtime. More floating. More cadence.

16521906_10155873311492178_1078359486_n

It is a feeling of freedom. It is transient, fleeting and gone in an instant but it is the feeling of flying.  How lucky for a human to be able to feel that even if only for a moment.

1. Aquileana says:

These photographs certainly “get along” with the word “Transient”…. Same way, Life is ephemeral, a fleeting thing as you say… I couldn´t avoid thinking of Robert Frost´s brief poem “Nothing gold can stay”… It is beautiful (I´ll add the link for you to check it out, in any case: https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/nothing-gold-can-stay . Sending love & best wishes. 🙂

Thanks so much. I love the work of Robert Frost.

2. Very beautifully said Anne of the transient-the momentary fleeting and feeling that too on the horse. I totally agree. I Imagine though but the feeling is really Great,I just love it. That grand photo on the horse is that yours. That is really awesome. It depicts the way one should sit and ride. I am delighted.
    👍👌
    Shiva🎶

Thank you. The horse in both photos is my horse Biasini.

3. NorCal Zen says:

For me it was probably the first time I took my riding instructors thoroughbred out on a trail ride by myself. I remember thinking about asking for a gallop over a field, THINKING, for half a second, and off we went. Lovely take on the photo challenge!

That must have been a great ride! Thanks for sharing this memory.

1. NorCal Zen says:

OOO Yes! Unforgettable 🙂

4. I’d be so busy hanging on for dear life that I would miss the moment!

Haha! I can understand that! Thanks for this comment and your sense of humor.

5. Beautiful! I just love seeing you on Biasini!

Thanks so much. He is a wonderful horse and it is my great joy to ride him.

6. Perfect for this challenge. Love the photos.

7. It has to be a visceral feeling of joy.

It is. It only lasts for the blink of an eye but it is a great feeling!

1. Its great though. Those blinks are what make up a lifetime.

Exactly! Thank you for this wonderful comment.

8. What a lovely post – horses are such exquisite creatures!

Thank you. They are exquisite ! Sometimes they can be naughty or sometimes distracted but it is a wonderful journey nonetheless. Thanks for stopping by.

9. Wow, amazing pictures! Is that Biasini? I love the idea of a weekly photo challenge, that’s awesome!

Yes it is Biasini in both photos. You should follow the photo challenge and put in photos from your trip. The challenge comes out on Wednesday. Just sign up o get the Word Press challenges!

1. Wait, how do you do that? That sounds so cool!

2. Thanks 😁👍🏻

3. I would REALLY love to do that, actually! Please tell men, is it complicated?

It is quite simple really. If you go to Word Press help and find how to ‘follow’ the word press posts such as the Daily Post and the weekly Photo Challenge then you will get emails and they lead you to the post which will tell you how to link your post to the challenge and then it will appear with all the other posts that are responding to the challenge or daily post. It’ a great way to see more new blogs and to have bloggers see you. I would also recommend looking into the online courses
        word Press offers. They are very good and I found them helpful when I started a year ago.

5. Wow, thank you so much!

Yes! I remind myself every day to be grateful.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )