A “Found” Poem

I’m not much of a poet. Poetry has never been a literary form I felt  drawn to or capable of executing well.  But when I discovered the concept of  “found ” poem I felt a bit more hopeful and thought it would be fun to give it a try. A found poem is essentially the literary equivalent of a collage made up from existing texts that have been re-fashioned and then presented as a poem.

So …here is my “found” poem. Twelve sentences, one for each month of 2016 and each one taken from a different post that I wrote this past year.It is titled The  Horse Overheard because they may not speak our language but they ‘hear’everything.

1-2016-03-04

THE HORSE OVERHEARD

Or…you may fall in love with him.

I can’t do this . I just can’t do this.

Just go with it. Enjoy it!

It’s all about perspective really.

He’s a lot of horse today!

Where are your legs? Are they on holiday?

Slap the rider! Pat the horse!

Am I being a wimp?

We competed Prix St. George at a local show.

That’s the slowest canter I’ve ever seen. Go! Go! Go!

A great team with a heart of gold.

I will be riding from the heart.

So there you have it! My “found” poem. The occasional rhyme and not much rhythm but I leave the real poetry to others.

Happy New Year ,Dear Readers and best wishes to you all for 2017.

1. nathaswami says:

Wish you a very happy New year !

And the same to you!

2. Poetry, poems, are for all. Just dive in. Happy New Year!!

Thank you for the encouragement. Happy New year to you too!

3. Aks Thariani says:

It came out beautifully! Kudos to you, I tried doing the same myself but couldn’t come up with anything good. Also, a very happy new year to you too 🙂

Thank you! It was fun to do this but I will still leave real poetry to others. happy new year to you!

4. You should write more poems!

Thank you but I’m not too sure about being a poet. Happy New Year to you!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )