Then and Now LAPC#199

Back in the day horses were the only method of transport. They were the machines that moved humans from one place to the next.

Then Mr. Ford revolutionized how we move about.However the engine power was still called Horse Power.

Some automobiles even had a horse motif on them. This is a 1965 Mustang.

The work horses of olden days can still be seen at horse shows that feature the Draft horses and their carriages.

Belgian Draft horse getting harness on.
Manes and tails are decorated. So these ‘machines’ of old are still here they just don’t have to work so hard all the time. So my thanks to Journeys with Johnbo for the lens artists challenge of industrial/ mechanical I have stretched the topic a bit but it was fun to go back to “then”.

1. rkrontheroad says:

A good bit of horse history. Glad they are not working so hard these days!

I’m glad too!

2. We don’t have much opportunity to see these magnificent animals at work. Their job was truly industrial in their day as freight haulers. Probably the most well-known draft animals in the United States are the teams of the Budweiser Clydesdales.
    Thanks for joining in.

Thanks John. They were the workers for sure and the Budweiser Clyde’s are still showing us how skilled they are with how they can back up, turn sharp corners etc as well as a big tractor trailers Thanks for the challenge!

3. Awesome, how these horses are treated today. Love your take on the challenge.

Thank you. I appreciate your comment.

4. Aw, those horses are beautiful! I love how they decorated the mane and tails.

I love to see the decorations too. Thanks for commenting!

5. Neal Saye says:

I always learn from your posts, Anne. Thanks!

My pleasure Neal!