Festival of Leaves 2021

This year we have had many autumn days of above average temperatures and I have enjoyed those. There has also been quite a bit of rain and cloud on those warmer days. At least that is how it seems to me. The autumn colors are somewhat muted this year with fewer reds and bright oranges. Here are the maples alongside the paddocks at the barn. Autumn 2021 has not been quite such a Festival of Leaves as 2020.

The sumac at the side of this road is a notable exception. The sumac everywhere has given us its’ best reds.

However, when I can take Biasini out to the forest and see these lovely trees I cannot think of anything better.

1. Gorgeous colors ๐Ÿ‚

Thank you Ribana.

2. So those red bushes are sumac–I wonder if that is what we have here in Washington? Looks very similar–beautiful colors! To be able to walk among the crisp leaves on Biasini is such a joy, Anne! When I was 9 years old, we lived near Portland, OR, I had a horse and I rode her around the neighborhood during the Fall of 1969. Fond memories. Enjoy these days.

The sumac has pointed kewves off a king strm and then had a cinema shaped part at the end. Here in Ontario they a very common and grow wild.

Thank you for sharing the memories of your fall rides on your horse. Do you miss riding?

1. A little, it’s been a while! ๐Ÿ˜

I didn’t ride from age 19 to 49. Finishing university, career, finances, etc all got in the way. all those years later when my daughter started to ride I took it up again. And 20+ years later I’m still at it .So you could go back to riding if you felt like it and thing in your life aligned to make it possible

1. Wow, I didn’t realize, Anne! I took riding lessons when we moved to San Diego as a young teen. I might have a better chance in our new area since horses are close by. Thanks for your example and encouraagement!

3. Rupali says:

Beautiful colours and the gallery.

The great thing about autumn is are the smells and sounds of the leaves too.

I agree. Walking through the leaves, both on my own two legs or on Biasini is a real joy.

5. Diana says:

Such beautiful colors of fall leaves even if they aren’t as bright this year, super fun to see through Biasini’s ears! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿงกโค๏ธ

I agree about that view Diana ๐Ÿด

6. Laura says:

Still such stunning colors. I cannot imagine the feeling of joy you must experience riding Biasini in such a beautiful place.

Thank you Laura .It is absolutely wonderful to ride in the forest at any time of year , except perhaps for the main bug season! I know that Biasini finds it a joy and mentally it is so good for him to get out of the arena and have a relaxing time walking along the trails.

7. Just stunning. Such vibrant beautiful colours including ear hood. I doubt if Zina & I were to ride with you & Biasini the first few rides through your beautiful forest, would not be in a straight line. Beautiful leaves moving too scary. lol.

Biasini has always been so good in the forest. He does not spook. He has his head up looking ahead and once we have been out for about 10 minutes he lowers his head and ambles along like a Western trail horse with his head between his knees!

8. Briannakenzielivingoutloud says:

I love Fall. The leaves in your photos are very beautiful and festive! Of course your horse’s ears are adorable!

Thank you for this comment. I’m glad you enjoy fall. It is such a nice time of year.

9. I think that is just beautiful and I have to say your horses’ ear covers are a perfect Autumn match ๐Ÿ™‚

HaHA yes the bonnet is the right color for autumn. Thanks for commenting

10. Maybe nit as vibrant but I love the one from the back of the horse!

Thank you. That forest is lovely with the fine trees and more delicate leaves all yellow .

Yes the light s wonderful

11. J.W.S. says:

A favorite time of year. Lovely images.

Glad you enjoyed the autumn photos. Thanks for commenting.

12. misifusa says:

Beautiful Anne!

13. I have started to enjoy these images. Lovely Anne.