What a Treat!

This week Tina has given us the delightful challenge of “What a Treat” for the Lens-Artists Challenge #120. This week the birds visiting our feeder have been my treat.

This little white breasted nuthatch is a tiny bird with a big attitude . Our feeder is just above him on the right.
He will take that seed, that he got from the feeder, and hammer it into the wood until it breaks open and he can eat it.
Here he looks like he is looking ,right at me, with a look that says ” You taking a picture of me?”
This morning I was amazed to look out and see a whole flock of Evening Grosbeaks pecking about for the seeds that have fallen from the feeder. They had tried to get some from the feeder but if two try at the same time the feeder does not stay open as they are too heavy.
The flock flew off when I moved toward the window but this little female was not deterred from searching for fallen seeds.
The male and female discuss why the feeder will not stay open for them.

I have never seen the Evening Grosbeaks here before, They are so brightly colored they look almost tropical. So seeing them and the little White Breasted Nuthatch was my Treat for the week. Thank you Tina for this challenge.

1. Amazing patience to be in the right place and right time to capture such an image. Well done!

I have to take thr bird photos through thr kitchen window so that can be tricky
      So glad you liked them. Thanks for commenting. Have a good weekend.

2. pattimoed says:

Beautiful images, Anne. I love the coloring on the Evening Grosbeak.

It is quite exotic for us. They travel in large flocks too. Thanks for leaving a comment Patti!

3. Lovely captures, what a nice treat to have these lovely little birds nearby.

Thank you ,they provide a lot of entertainment.

4. Definitely a treat, Anne! You get a nice variety of birds! You could have linked with Sunday Stills this week, too, with the backyard bird theme 😁

Ah! Thank you Terri. I am not keepong up with everything in the blogosphere !

5. This is a treat for me too and I believe your handling of aperture mode made the picture so clear.

I was shooting at f5.6 . It is tricky to get the little birds as they flit and fly so fast. Thanks for commenting Subbashini.

1. Always my pleasure 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

I recognised the nuthatch from my bird books – I have never seen one in real life!

They are fiesty little birds. When my husband goes out with our little dog they look down from the feeder and while other birds fly off they just watch with a superior look and go on with finding seeds on the feeder.

7. Megala says:

Wonderful treat! Watching those cute little birdies is absolutely a treat for our eyes and also for our mind.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed them.

What a treat, so BEAUTIFUL!! ❤️

Thanks Diana. Glad you enjoyed them.

9. It is indeed a treat, very cute little guys. It’s too bad we can’t communicate with the Grosbeaks, and teach them, if everyone just takes turns, everyone will get some seeds. But you’re absolutely right, they do look almost tropical

There are several animals, including horses, that I wish I could communicate with to help them . Thanks for this comment Robert

10. Amy says:

Lovely set of bird image, Anne. What a treat for viewers.

Thank you Amy. I appreciate that comment very much.

I love to watch nuthatches, Anne. They are so acrobatic.

They are! Glad you enjoy them too!

12. JohnRH says:

Excellent!
    “Here’s Looking At You, Kid.” -Humphrey Bogart (who?!), twice in Casablanca.
    “”Are you looking at me?” “Are you looking at me?” “Are you looking at me?” [Robert De Niro, “Taxi Driver”]

Hello John! I apologize for the fact that is has taken me a day to reply to your very entertaining comment. I do know who Humphrey Bogart was and have seen Casablanca about three times. And I have read a biography of Lauren Bacall and learned more about Bogey through that as well. I have also seen Taxi Driver. What a film!!! I think the little bird is not quite as dangerous as De Niro but a bit sharper that Bogarts “looking”.
      😀

1. JohnRH says:

😂😂 Nooooo problem. 😂😂

13. Tina Schell says:

What a treat indeed Anne! Those little birds are so sweet and so different from those we see here. Endless entertainment!

Yes it is . Thanks Tina!