The Leaves are Turning

This past week I saw Dawn at “The Day After” was hosting her annual “Festival of Leaves 2020″. I got my camera and went out the next day to take some photos in our neighbourhood. Here are the results.

The soybeans have been harvested and now the farmer is disking to prepare the ground for sowing .
Across the street our neighbors’ trees are starting to change color from the top down.
We had drought conditions for several weeks in the summer and I think this has contributed to even brighter colors in the maple trees.
Some of the trees along our road are quite old and they are turning first.

I should add that I have not added any saturation in the editing of these photos. These are the colors just as they are.

1. da-AL says:

so pretty! many tx for sharing!

2. David says:

Beautiful colors, Anne. The fall colors are mostly in the mountains, at elevation, and primarily gold. They’re reaching their peak in intensity right now. Fortunately, the snow earlier this month had little to no effect. The effect from the wildfire smoke, it can tweak the colors closer to the fire. The other colors, like red and orange, we have those from scrub oak and poison oak or poison sumac. The latter two, you just admire from a distance. πŸ™‚

We have sumac but it is not poison sumac. But we do have poison ivy!

3. aghisla says:

Marvelous! They look like a painting. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures, Anne!

I’ve just been out this morning to take some more as in the last few days the colors have changed even more. I’ll post them later this week.

4. Spectacular, Anne! I can’t wait for our show in Sacramento to begin. Ours usually starts mid October through November. Thanks for giving me a glimpse of Fall!

You are most welcome Terri. Last year we had our first snowfall on November 6! So that is the next stage for us up here in the north country!

1. It won’t be long now until I move north to Washington state. I’m looking forward to real winters (no, I’m not crazy). I’m buying some snow shoes! πŸ™‚

I grew up in Vancouver BC. We didn’t get too much snow there . But I used to ski at the Mountains that were at Vancouver’s edge. Where will you be in Washington state. I know Seattle and Snoqualamie ( spelling?) .

1. We’ll be in Spokane near the Eastern border of Idaho. Considered high desert but gorgeous pines, dogwoods, everything is green.

Beautiful part of the world.

3. can’t wait to explore it all!

5. Calm place, beautiful pictures. I never seen trees with colorful leaves like this. Thanks for sharing

In this part of the world we get splendid fall colors in the deciduous trees especially the maples. So glad you enjoyed seeing them

6. Beautiful pictures you shared with us, Anne. Autumn is always my favorite season. Yet, now, I am in my own tropical country, where we did not have any privilege to enjoy the four seasons. So far, I am just grateful for the sunshine that I have everyday. Until I am able to travel someday in the future, I am so happy to see it from your post.

I am happy to bring the fall colors to you Nurul. I love them but I am also aware that they herald the onset of winter. When winter descends I will be hoping to see pictures of your warm place. πŸ˜ƒ

7. cheriewhite says:

Autumn is my favorite season because of the colors! I can’t wait until the colors show up in my neck of the woods. Awesome photos!

1. cheriewhite says:

You’re very welcome!

Lovely colours! I liked the one with the tractor in as it gave a good sense of the scale of the field, too.

Thank you Emma! I am going to print that one and give it to the farmer . He and his family live next door to us.

9. Beautiful shots, Anne πŸ‘ Our trees are atabout the same point in turning πŸ˜ƒ

Perhaps as you are in Scotland we are on a similar latitude. I’m not sure why some places get the colors and others do not.

1. I suppose it’s to do with the types of trees that grow in certain latitudes πŸ€”

I think so. Here the maples are the ones with the best fall colors. Also we had a drought in the summer and then in September some really cold nights and dry conditions again. That has made.the comors especially vibrant and intense this year.

10. The beauty of nature is amazing πŸ™‚x

Yes it is. Thanks for commenting Ally.

11. Tina Schell says:

I so miss nature’s finest as fall dresses her in autumn colors. Loved your images Anne.

Thank you Tina. Ontario does give us some splendid autumn colors. They take my breath away sometimes.

12. Rupali says:

Wonderful captures.

13. Cyranny says:

I think that Mother Nature had no choice but to coax us into accepting the harsh side of Canadian winters with these beautiful colors during fall πŸ˜‰ Enjoy them while they last, Anne. And thank you for sharing them around πŸ™‚ xx

You are most welcome C.πŸ™‚

Spots of color are just beginning to appear here.

We are just a bit farther north.

Beautiful photos and you are so lucky to have these Fall colors! I hope you keep sharing so I can see the changes through your eyes. Love it!! ❀️

I will keep taking some photos. So glad you enjoy the colors.

16. Wow, you found a lot of color already, I see you live in Ontario, so I suppose that explains it. Comparatively, here in Virginia, I am quite southern.. Thanks for linking up. I love watching autumn “fall down”.

We are farther north for sure. And with the summer drought we have lots of red and orange already,

17. Annette says:

Thank you for taking the time to make some photos of fall😍 I have been tempted to stop on my way to work but haven’t. I better get out there this weekend before the beauty is gone

You are most welcome Annette. Thanks for leaving this comment.

18. Auntysocial says:

Beautiful – absolutely love the second one with pinkish coloured leaves at the top πŸ™‚

Yes they are unusual. As time goes by they all turn to the purple color. I don’t know what they are but I’m going to inspect them more closely and ask the neighbors what they are. Thanks for your comment.