Why do we do it?

Any day riding your horse and having fun is a win!!! Sometimes we are too hard on ourselves and don’t see the improvement others do. Remember why you are doing this–because YOU LOVE IT!!! Pat yourself on the back for sticking with it, working in extreme heat, possible extreme cold, when you don’t feel well or just want to stay home and take a nap. No one outside the horse world understands what it takes to do what we do. Pushing through dark clouds are the hardest but that rainbow at the end of the ride is worth it!!!

Gail Bott

I shared my blog post “I’m taking it as a win” on my Facebook page and I received some wonderful comments. The one above from Gail Bott was something I felt I had to share. She has hit the nail on the head. We ride on! We love it! And the rainbow is worth it!

• Thank you to Queca Franco for the featured photo.*

1. I thought you deleted your Facebook page?

I deleted the Horse Addict Leueen Facebook page. I just have my personal page now.

2. cigarman501 says:

Whether horses or humans, when you are no longer competing in a team sport…or competing only against yourself, pushing through the dark clouds is one of the hardest things to do. It makes the rainbow brighter and more vivid when you get there.

Thank you for this comment. I very much appreciate it .

3. Tina Schell says:

True in riding and in life Anne😊. Words to live by

What a lovely quote!

5. Those are very wonderful words, it shows how beautiful is the earth still

Thank you Subbashini. I think horses help us to see beauty in life in times that are difficult.

6. Tried to read your most recent post, but it ‘couldn’t be found”.

No worries I took it off.

7. Auntysocial says:

As a kid my Mum used to go berserk at me forever being injured and carted off in an ambulance. β€œThe local A&E department has more pictures of your bloody head than I have!!!!” was her usual line but that’s the thing. If you love horses and love to ride and are going to ride – you’re going to take some knocks, bumps and bruises along the way. Many times in fact but when you’re not put off or fussed about the inevitable stress, pain, injury and time spent hobbling on crutches etc, you’re likely to make a hell of a rider and suffer the bug for life πŸ˜€

8. very inspiring! πŸ˜€πŸ‘

I love this as it’s so true!! It is all SO worth it! ❀️🐴🐎❀️

For all of us with horse it is true no matter what our particular horsey pursuits are.🐴