The Back of Things in Black and White.

This week Cee’s Black and White photo challenge is “the back of things”. This challenge could not have come at a better time. I went to the Canadian National Draft Horse Show and watched the horses being prepared for the six horse hitch. The amount of time and effort that goes into this is amazing. The grooming; the complex braiding weaving in colored ribbons, and then placing the decorative pieces into the braid, the braiding of the tails and adding the decorations, This is followed by the polishing of the massive hooves and then putting on the harness, all of it gleaming and polished. These horses weigh in at over 2000 pounds. But they stand patiently while being prepared for the show ring. Here are my photos in response to the Back of Things challenge.

Belgian Horse being braided.
The hoof polish is applied.
Two backs in this, my favorite photo. Percheron horse is braided and the colored ribbon threaded into his mane.

1. Megala says:

Nice to see the horse’s shiny coat in B&W, it looks as if it wore a beautiful black silk suit.

Those black Percherons are so shiny when they are brushed up. Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment.

2. Cee Neuner says:

Oh you must have had fun at the show. Great photos. 😀

I did 🙂 thanks for commenting.

3. Your photo is a real attention grabber. Horsing around humor…the end.😀

4. Thats a lot of horse butt pics, lol!

I love your sense of humor!😀

5. I love that you choose black and white to showcase the draft horses beautiful details. I’m hoping that you will share more from the show. What a great weekend!

I will be putting up more about the draft horses for sure.

1. Looking forward to seeing that!

6. Your blog always takes me to a beautiful world , when sad and hatred things are happening around. Thank you ma’am.

You are welcome. I find the horses are a life saver for me in the midst of the world’s bad news. I have more photos coming up of the big draft horses and I think you will enjoy them.

7. Amy says:

A lot of preparation work. They are cooperative. 🙂

It is and these horses are trained to stand patiently. The grooms are good about making sure they apply fly spray so they are not bothered by flies

Gentle giants I like to call them!! Great photos! ❤️

Thank you. I have more to come
      It was a great day for photos.