Biasini Speaks: No Resting on my Laurels.

Hello Dear Humans!  My human, Ma Leueen tells me there is an expression among humans that says “there is no resting on your laurels”.  At first I thought that this was advising against sitting down and squashing some greenery you planned to eat but no….it is not. Ma Leueen told me it means you cannot rest on past successes.  Like the success we had at our last show. First place Dear Humans! But then after two days off  we were back to training  with Coach Lou. And guess what he said?

“It’s gone so well I think we can move on now to some of the work from the Intermediare 2 and  the Grand Prix.”  That…..that is what he said.  I thought:  “Oh boy…here we go.”

And sure enough, that very first lesson we started working on the passage. Coach Belinda had already done some work with me on that when we were at home. But now I’m stronger and I’ve got a really good handle on how to do it.  Coach Lou would walk alongside us and give me a tap  once in awhile to keep me focused on moving in the right way.

Then the next thing we worked on at the end of the week was super fast changes of canter lead .  I mean speeeeeedy. Not even one stride in between. Just boom, boom, change , change! Right lead, left lead, then canter on a few strides and boom , boom, right lead ,left lead. Coach Lou calls it a One One. I did it very well a few times and then we took a walk break. Then Ma Leueen picked me up, into my working frame, and we did it again in a different direction. Now I had the idea. Woo Hoo! How many of these boom, boom changes do you want?  At that point Coach Lou said:  “I can see the ‘buzz’ now so let’s finish and let him stretch. ”

I have to be honest, I was a bit relieved.  I mean I can do it , no problem, but I get a bit over excited. and go into my overachiever mode. HaHa!

So there you have it Dear Humans!   I’m back in training to work on more advanced stuff.  I did hear Coach Lou say I had a “real talent” for the  passage. How cool is that?

Here are two of my favorite photos from our competitions.  Till next time Dear Humans!

WBWFIII022418-6753

PersonalWEBlicense.LWilloughby.8GD84766©susanjstickle.com._

Biasini replies: “thank you Zen Human. I appreciate the positive comment!”

1. Array says:

He goes into his… overachiever mode! : )) That was very cute, how sweetly he tells us of all his… ups and downs, lefts and rights. 🙂 Thank you, Biasini, for sharing your thoughts in such a lovely way!

Biasini replies:” thank you. I am happy to know that you appreciate my thoughts.”

2. You are both truly an inspiration!

3. not sure… but I commented from the page 🙂 did u get the comment?
    and congrats again :))

I’m sorry but your comment went into Spam for some reason. Sometimes comments seem to get shuffled off to Spam for no good reason.

1. lol happened sometimes on WP 🙂 glad u found it ✌️😁

4. You both are just awesome 🙂 👏 I’ve missed this post aaaa, congrats!!! and more medals and applause on the way!! ❤️❤️

Thank you. Sorry to be slow in replying but this is one of three of your comments that went to Spam! I appreciate your “applause” very much.

They are thanks to two professionals; Joanna Jodko and Susan Stickle. Glad you liked them.

5. Congratulations Biasini, you are such a star and have the talent to go far if you want to. Enjoy yourself dear friend, we will be cheering for you! 😄🐎💕

Thank you so much for this compliment Whippet Human Irene. Please give a whinny of hello to Pearl and Eivor.

Thank you Subbashini Human. We horses appreciate compliments from the humans very much!

I love the colour of your coat – I can’t decide if its more orange than red. I am sure that horses don’t rest on their laurels, that’s a human thing.

Thank you Emma Human. I think my coat is at its’ best at this time of year. Perhaps a dark orange? I wish you could be here to give me a pat on the neck and feel how soft and silky my coat is.

7. shiarrael says:

Hello Biasini, good to hear from you! 😄
    Looking real good, handsome! Congratulations on your ribbon, too!

Those One One BOOM changes are real hard for some horses, you should be proud of yourself that you managed so quickly.

Much love! 💖

Thank you Shiarrael Human. You are most kind and i know some horses find it hard. It is hard but if I focus on what Ma Leueen says with her fingers i can get it. I know that i will have to work hard to get more of those leg changes.

Thank you Vikram Human. It does my heart good to know the humans appreciate my hard work. 🙂

1. kunstkitchen says:

So inspiring to read your experiences and what a beautiful horse.

Thank you and I will pass on the compliment to him.

8. Judy says:

Woohoo! Well done!

Thank you Judy Human I appreciate your compliment!

Bravo Biasini. You should be proud. On to bigger challenges!

Thank you Dear Sandy Human. I am ready for the bigger challenges!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )