The Silence of Stone.

Ruins have always had a fascination for me. I have been to the  Coliseum and the Roman Forum in Rome, the Mayan ruins in Chichen Itza and Tulum, the Jesuit mission ruins in Argentina and the Temples of Angkor in Cambodia. I like to try to find a spot to sit some where away from the crowds and listen. There may be bird song, or voices but where are the sounds and the voices of the past?  They are silent. At Angkor Wat there are carved stone scenes of battles, horses, soldiers, elephants, marching, trumpets blowing, sounds of battle, sounds of life and of death.  Now…… just the silence of stone.

Angkor
Angkor

DSCN0801
Angkor Wat

This is my response to this week’s WordPress Photo Challenge: silence. To see other responses to the challenge click here:    https://dailypost.wordpress.com/photo-challenges/silence-2/

1. I always wait to see your response to photo challenge ma’am. Its unique and amazing.

Oh! Thank you for such a nice compliment!

2. This is absolutely beautiful work! 👌

Thank you. I appreciate this supportive comment very much.

3. Thank you for sharing these pics.. I want to visit Angkor Wat one day.
    You should come to India once..There are a lot of ancient temples here rich in stone sculpture.

I would love to come to India. It is on my wish list. I have seen many films and documentaries about India and I can see that there are many ancient places that would be fascinating to visit.

4. doar nicole says:

It must be impressive, splendid to see all those, Chichen Itza and Tulum, for instance, I saw photos, seem like from another world. I hope I will be able to see those amazing places some day too, as for silence… I imagine one could feel time stop while sitting there in a quiet corner, or on the contrary, rush by like in a whisper. I enjoyed reading very much. 🙂

Glad you enjoyed it. They are enchanted places. Silent now but in days gone by busy and noisy with throngs of people going about their lives, farming, going to war and now it is all gone but for the buildings that remain .

5. Jen says:

Those are beautiful stone carvings! Nice pics!!

6. What amazing travels you have had!

I have been very fortunate to see a lot of different places during my life.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )