Monday Minstrel: Just Chillin’

Monday August 7, 2017 is the Civic Holiday here in Canada.  It is one of those sort of half baked holidays with banks and government offices closed but some other business are still open. But for these Clydesdale horses, mares and youngsters , it is a holiday. They are just in the shade chillin’.

Clydes -0715

There are a lot of bugs due to the wet summer we have had and so the horses like to stand close together and swish their tails to help each other out  with some  bug swatting. You can see the  swishing tails in this photo.Clydes -0704

One youngster looked in my direction and I thought he might amble toward me but he did not  think I was worth investigating further.

Clydes -0710

So….HAPPY CIVIC HOLIDAY WEEKEND and remember:

Texting and driving is clever.  Said no one ever!

and

Arrive Alive! Drive Sober!

1. Great post anne! so sorry i couldnt read more before now, ive been unable to blog for about 2 weeks and unable to read your posts too. glad to finally see some more!

No worries. As long as you and your family are well and still travelling all is good.

2. Tina Schell says:

So gorgeous! Hated that our Super Bowl didn’t have a commercial that featured them this year! Wonderful captures.

Yes I was very disappointed that Bud has dropped the Clyde’s commercials. They are appealing to a different audience (younger?) I guess. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

3. I absolutely LOVE Clydesdales! I got to see a team of them back in March at a horse-show with a neighbor and they are anormous! But still gorgeous all-the-same!

They are really impressive. Even the youngsters are on their way to being BIG!

4. (HorseLover4Ever) Elizabeth says:

Hope you’ll have a wonderful holiday!!! ❤

5. Such beautiful animals and soooo big. Happy holiday.

Thank you. They are very impressive even when they are young.

Clydesdales are such beautiful giants!

They are! Even the babies have such big knees and hocks and are growing into themselves.

7. When we lived in Missouri, we would go to the horse show in Kansas City. That’s the first time I saw a Clydesdale up close. They are magnificent!

They are indeed.

8. NorCal Zen says:

They are beautiful! Happy Holidays!

9. Happy Civic Holiday!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )