Happy Canada Day!

July 1st is Canada Day. This is the day we celebrate the confederation of Canada. I can honestly say there has never been a time when I have been more proud to be Canadian. The way our government,both Federal and Provincial, has handled the Pandemic has been the best it could be. I may not have been a big fan of certain political leaders but they have stepped up and acted like leaders and made tough decisions. Canada is a country that holds the values I believe to be important. I believe in a social safety net. I believe in publicly funded healthcare. If we did not have that healthcare I would not be alive and writing this blog post. We are not perfect but we do not profess to be perfect or to be great. We are just Canada.

There are two companies that are Canadian and whose products I swear by. And I like to support Canadian companies when I can and especially when they have great products.

Omega Alpha makes products for horses that are top of my list of “must haves’ for Biasini. Here is their website: OmegaAlphaStore – Effective Supplements Through Science

Equus Soap Company. This Canadian Company makes a bit balm that is ideal for horses like Biasini. I use it every time I put a bit into his mouth. They also make fabulous hand soap. I posted about their hand made soaps earlier in the Pandemic. It has been a lifesaver for me. It foams up beautifully and is not so drying as to leave my hands like parchment paper. Here is their website. Equus Soap Co – Inviting nature to your home

1. Joyful2bee says:

Right now I love my country but our president has done so much to hurt it. Canada sounds like a great country to live in.

I think it is. We have a very different history from the USA. I am sad to see the US in the difficulty it is in now. It has always had such a “can do” attitude which I have admired. But now I would agree that damage has been done by this president. I hope there will be a positive change in November.

1. Joyful2bee says:

I have been reading and there are many Republicans who are rallying against him so he will not be re-elected. I pray!!

I join you in those prayers. His relationship with Canada has not been good.

1. Joyful2bee says:

I know and not with a lot of people and representatives and senators from his own party! I am very sorry he has been rude to your country and prim minister.

No need to apologize. I have many American friends who I like very much and I dont hold them responsible for the actions of this unpredictable president .

3. Joyful2bee says:

Thank you. I just pray that our country lasts until election day and inauguration day. I visited Expo 67 when I was 16 or so. I remember Quebec was a lovely country. Although we focused on the Worlds Fair more than anything.

Canada seems like a great country to live in. It’s great that your leaders are leading! I wish the people in the charge of the UK would. I really cant decide if they are incompetent or just want to kill as many people as they can.

I listen to the BBC on satellite radio and yesterday one medical specialist said that the US and the UK were two countries that should have been able to deal very well with the Pandemic but both have utterly failed. As our son lives in London it is a worry for us. But he is being sensible and is able to work from home. Stay safe Emma!

That’s what you get when you elect right-wing popularists! Yes, if you can work from home,you are much safer (except for when you have to go to hospital because you broke your leg!).

3. Happy Canada Day! I am glad to hear you enjoy living there so much.

4. I believe Canada always been loved all over the world πŸ™πŸ»

Thank you Subbashini!πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

5. Happy Canada Day! Among other more important things, your picture reminds me that I’ve always admired your national flag, and the ones for the provinces, especially New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island.

6. Cyranny says:

Happy Canada Day, neighbour πŸ™‚ I agree with you… Our governments, both provincial and federal have done an impressive job. Even when MontrΓ©al was Canada’s epicenter, I wouldn’t have changed for any other country. (well… maybe one, LOL) Enjoy the warm and sunny day, Anne πŸ™‚ xx

Ah yes Denmark! Well I hope you have had a good Canada Day ! Stay well and stay safe!

1. Cyranny says:

Yes, indeed… Watching the show as I type this, enjoying a glass of Canadian red wine! Cheers to you πŸ™‚ Stay well and safe too πŸ™‚ xx

Thank you for the links! HAPPY Canada day! ❀️❀️❀️

8. Leah Finlay says:

Happy Canada Day!! πŸ™‚

9. Happy Canada Day πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ˜‰

10. Enjoy the day the best you can 😘

11. Vicky Earle says:

I agree!!! So glad that we chose Canada!

Yes! I’m glad my parents chose Canada.