The Long Road South

We have arrived safe and sound in South Florida. I thought I would share a few moments of our three day trip. My travel mascot, George, always takes a window seat on the dash of the car. This is Day One (8 am to 7:30 pm) with stops for lunch and dog walking) driving to the US/Canada border on Hwy. 401. A foggy day.

Day Two ( 8 am to 6pm)began in Kentucky and moved on through Tennessee, and the Carolinas.

Sometimes we shared the road with some pretty big rigs.

I love to listen to Bluegrass music on the radio while driving through this part of the world. Take a listen to 30 seconds of the old classic the Mule Skinner Blues. Be sure to turn up your sound!

Day Three (6am to 2:30pm) on through Georgia to Florida. Finally we saw the palm trees.

It’s a long road South, 2,400 kilometers, but well worth the trip to the warmer weather.

Happy New Year to you all and best wishes for good health and much happiness in 2020.

1. Wish you a Happy New Year Anne!!!🎇🎇🎇🥂

Thank you! Best wishes to you too for 2020.🎉🥂🎉

2. Tina Schell says:

Glad you made it safely Anne. We traveled to and from NY/NJ and SC over the holidays and it was just horrific with accidents and traffic. Look forward to seeing more of you and Biasini in 2020!

It is awful to see accidents on the road. We only saw one outside Cincinnati. Last year we had torrential rain for much of the trip and there were a lot of crashes. All the best for 2020 and I am looking forward to your photos.

3. Glad you arrived safely, your mascot worked 😉

Thank you. He is a well travelled mascot. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

4. David says:

South Florida versus an ice storm, that’s so hard to decide what’s better (lol).
    Looks like you had a good drive south.

Have a good winter season. 🙂

Thank you so much David. I am fortunate to e able to escape the winter.

5. Mark Tulin says:

I love travel mascots, too. The perfect passenger.

6. Amy says:

A beautiful drive to south! I love the winter in Florida. 🙂

I love it too. Up home they have an ice storm this morning. Glad I dont have to deal with that!

Ah, what a marathon! Glad you have arrived safely!

It is a bit of a marathon. By day 3 it starts to feel like we are trapped in a road trip time warp!

I’ll say, the view from the road doesn’t look all that varied either!

Tennessee and the Carolinas are different as they have hills and steep descents and ascents and sharply winding roads even though they are 4 lane highways. So that breaks things up and certainly keeps the person driving awake!

I am glad to hear that there’s variation in the landscape. I enjoy driving through Ireland, except the bit in the middle (Longford maybe) where there it was flat and there were fir trees along side the main road and all I could see was fr trees. I had to stop for a break because the monotony of fir trees was getting to me!

So happy you had an uneventful trip and made it safely! I’m sure Biasini will be excited to see you and I know the warmth is welcoming! Love your photos and your snippet of some classic music! ❤️

Biasini was pleased to see me and it was nice to see him too. Thanks for commenting!

9. I enjoyed traveling (remotely) down the road with you. Be safe with those big rigs on the highway. Regards to you as the year closes.

Best wishes to you too for 2020!

10. Glad you are back in my neck of the woods. You were missed while traveling down ❤

Thank you Susie . It is good to be back in the South .

1. Enjoy our weather. 🌞