Biasini Speaks: The Way I See It.

Hello Dear Humans and yes, I know it is a Monday and you humans place great store in what happens on certain days of your week. I know Monday is supposed to be the Monday Mistral….oh, I beg your pardon…Ma Leueen has told me it is not a mistral  which is some sort of wind that blows somewhere in the world.  Ma Leueen tells me it is a minstrel which  was some sort of entertainer an exceedingly long time ago. Well…whatever….I told Ma Leueen that I would be travelling later this week and would not have time to be posting about something I think is VERY important.

What is important , Dear Humans, is how we horses see things. How often have I heard a human say to one of we horses: “What’s the matter with you? There is nothing there!” Or even worse: ” Don’t be an idiot there is nothing there!” This may or may not be followed by several sharp kicks to our ribs! You humans may not see anything but we horses see things differently. Here are some examples.

When I see this I think ….what is that  square white patch ?

sees-1431100

Looking closer I can see it is just a place that has been flattened.

sees-1431421

And what about this? It used to be flat and now it is not and what is that thing? A snake?sees-1433012

No…. I know it is not a snake and Ma Leueen tells me it is a place where the rainwater created a channel.

sees-1433212

And finally this….completely flat. Well just yesterday there was a big mountain of white sand here. One day it’s there and the next…poof….it’s gone. Well that is enough to make any horse look twice.

sees-1434041

I know now that I can trust Ma Leueen. She won’t take me past anything dangerous but I still have to look and she lets me have a look and gives me a rub on my withers.  I always notice things that have changed and look different. We horses have survived for what you humans call millennia by always being aware and taking a good look at anything suspicious!

So try and see things through our eyes before you call us ‘idiots’ or ‘stupid’ and get annoyed with us. That makes me cross when I hear that kind of thing. Here is what I look like when I’m cross. See my ears?  Those are cross and annoyed ears.

29746866_10155128325800443_1832981614_o

Thank you Dear Humans for reading this. I hope you can understand how we see things now.

1. athling2001 says:

Thanks for reminding us humans we often forget to see things from any perspective but our own.

2. Miss A says:

Always wondered about this (and plastic bags) thanks for the info 😉

Dear Miss A Human, I’m so glad I could give you information on how we horses see. As for plastic bags…well I don’t like them much when they fly around loose and scare me. Many thanks for your comment I love hearing from Humans.

3. Avery says:

❤ Seeing things through their point of view is the key. So very hard at times for us dense humans.

4. I like this. It’s so true isn’t it! not just for our horsies but also for our friends. sometimes what one person fears another does not. We need to see things through another beings eyes at all times, without judgement.
    mel x

Thank you Mel for opening this up to relevance for humans as well. Usually Biasini replies to comments on his posts but I thought I would answer this one. It is so true. Seeing through another’s eyes and finding out how things look to them. Thanks!

5. Alli Farkas says:

My absolute fave is when snow blows under the indoor arena door and my horse has to check it out. Every. last. time. Those white spots just don’t belong there.

I would agree Alli Human we horses are suspicious of white stuff creeping in unannounced! Tell you horse i am in complete agreement!

1. Alli Farkas says:

I think she already knows she has plenty of company, but I’ll pass that along!

6. Yes I understood you horses see things in a creative way, Biasini.

Yes Subbashini Human. We do. Thank you for your unnderstandiing!

7. Irene says:

Biasini, I enjoy your posts so much! As others have commented, you also make me smile and I learn things from you as well.

Oh ! Thank you Irene Human. I am pleased that I have made you smile and informed you as well.

8. Lignum Draco says:

Adorable. I have never called a horse stupid. I fell off a horse once, but I was the one who was stupid.

Thanks for this comment. I appreciate the humor!

9. Even when he’s cross he is still the most adorable thing!

I agree. He is a character and he makes me smile.

Biasini, you are so wise. Your advice applies just as well to people. We are so much better off when we try to see the world through others’ eyes before concluding they are “stupid”.

I appreciate this compliment Sandy Human. and how interesting that you feel even humans need to ‘see the world’ through different eyes before judging other humans. I thank you for this comment. You are also wise!

11. doar nicole says:

Dear Biasini, you look a bit preoccupied, even pondering, not cross there. 🙂 And a very interesting thing you shared, thank you very much! Seeing the world through different eyes… always a trip worth taking.

Thank you Doar Nicole Human! You have assessed my ‘look” correctly. I am pondering whether or not I should put my ears flat back or if that would look too angry. I am pleased you found something of interest in my post.

1. doar nicole says:

You’re welcome! And I would like to share a bit of a… piece of information too (as I don’t mention that anywhere, I think). Doar Nicole is the name of my blog, meaning… Just Nicole (“doar” means “just, only” in Romanian as in.. “just me” 😊 ), I thought of letting you know. Thank you! 🙂

Ah! I’ve heard of several human speakings but not one of Romania. Thank you for letting me know this. I shall refer to you as Nicole Human in future and i apologize for my lack of knowledge!

3. doar nicole says:

You are very welcome, and no need to apologize, of course. Thank you, too. 🙂

You are so handsome! I have a horse box question. I was driving along a small rural road into town and a car pulling a single horse box joined the road in front of me. I was a bit alarmed because the beautiful black horse in the horse box had his face facing the traffic (instead of me just being able to see his backside). I kept wondering if this was OK for the horse – did he like looking at the traffic or had his owner just put in him the box and forgotten to tie him up?

Some horses like to travel backwards. It does seem odd and I have never done it with a horse but i have heard that some horses if loaded into a box that has room for them to turn around will do that and they are more comfortable that way. If it was a single horse box he probably could not have turned around. But….I’d be interested to know how they loaded him. It would be most odd for the horse to be loaded on the horse box by backing up onto it.

I had never seen it before. Yes, it was a single box. I never thought about how he got in – he wasn’t a massive horse so maybe he turned around.

13. Robyn says:

Thank you for sharing, Biasini! You are as smart as you are handsome. 🙂

14. Jeff Rab says:

Makes me smile and look again at things again myself! Great post!

Biasini replies: “Thank you Jeff Human. I appreciate that you were willing to take a different look at things.”

15. Biasini, I would never call you an idiot or stupid! You always make me smile! 😘😘

16. shiarrael says:

Hello Biasini!
    How do you manage to look so handsome even when you’re cross?

I understand what you mean, the younger of my little mares is sometimes really, really alert for danger – I know she means well, she wants to keep us both safe. And I know she can see and hear much. much better than I can. So I must seem a bit daft to her sometimes, what with not even noticing the movement in the shrubs or the suspicious green snake in the grass (it’s one of those that water comes out of, and I don’t notice because my predator brain already said “harmless”).
    But I never think she’s stupid. Predator honor! I just try to tell her that if it is something bad I’ll hunt and eat it (maybe, if it’s tasty) so she needn’t worry. That’s what predator buddies are for. You schlepp me around, I snarl at other predators.

It’s really awesome to see the world through your eyes a bit, though!

Hope you’re keeping well – are you excited to be traveling again soon?

Thank you for the compliment Shiarrael Human. I enjoyed hearing about your mare. And i like the way you look at predators as horse’s protectors. I think Ma Leueen looks after my safety pretty well. I am excited about the trip home and seeing my friends at home again. But the trip is so loooong and it does get boring so i hope there will be some interesting travel companions! Thank you for your very interesting and detailed comment!

17. Thank you for educating us, Biasini. Btw, I love the smiley face on your nameplate. This makes us humans smile back, even it’s just in our head.Maybe sometimes you or Ma Leueen can tell us the story behind the smiley?

Thank Viola Human! You have very good eyes and are a good observer! I requested the face with a smile because the Human who brings my breakfast always has a smile and I wanted her to see a smile from me as well.

18. cool post ❤️😁 very creative! and warm.. 🙂 I knew about diff vision (animals), but because of the pics I got even better understanding. I’ve tried to be like a horse and see something on the first photo – and I failed… haha

Dear Ray Human don’t be hard on yourself. Humans have different priorities in what they see and humans are hunters not the hunted( like we horses). So we horses have evolved differently. Thank you for your nice comment!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w