Monday Minstrel: The Courage to Call for Change!

The March For Our Lives brought back some memories for me. Peaceful protest and the call for change is back!

This was then….SJM-L-VIETNAM-0914-02

This is now….one the photos I took at the Ride For Our Lives ‘mounted’ march in Wellington FL.

Ridefor-2436 (2)

Just click on “previous post” to see my post about the Ride For Our Lives march.

1. Tonia says:

I can’t even express how hopeful it is to see young people taking a stand. What an awesome event that Ride for our Lives was!! Wish I could have been a part of that!!

2. N says:

It’s inspiring to see someone actively participating in change yet not trying to be a revolutionary themselves. The selflessness of such acts it magnificent.

I agree. Thank you for this comment.

3. My autistic granddaughter with severe learning disabilities, gets pleasure working with ponies.

Horses seem to be able to help many people with autism. I’m glad she has been able to make that connection with ponies.

1. It’s hard because she worries all the time.

Oh dear that must be hard. And hard for you as I know you can’t visit England to see your daughter and grandaughter.

3. My daughter’s birthday today as well.

The activism of the 1960’s is back. Three cheers for all those peacefully protesting.

Yes! And thank you for your three cheers!

5. My thoughts exactly…
    Viola above brings up a fantastic point: horses in their natural role as ‘healer’…hmmmm (I worked with Wounded Warriors via horse therapy so am using that term purposefully)
    Power to the people (and horses)!

Wounded Warriors and horse therapy! That’s fantastic! I think horses have so much to offer as therapists and counselors ( in that they show us our true selves!). Thanks so much for this comment.

6. Viola Bleu says:

How fabulous … the power of the people. The power of the people and horses combined!

I recall a march in London we attended as a family. People must speak up for what they believe is right 🥂

I agree and i have been concerned that people were not speaking up but the parkland shooting has sparked a flame! It is a shame that 17 souls had to pass for this flame to be lit but it burns stronger every day in their honor.

1. Viola Bleu says:

Indeed it should 😥💫

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w