Monday Minstrel: The Arabian Horse in the Koran

IMG_20170428_0938241
Arab Stallion –Edwin Landseer –1824

When God created the horse he said to the magnificent creature: I have made thee as no other. All the treasures of the earth lie between thy eyes. Thou shalt carry my friends upon thy back. Thy saddle shall be the seat of prayers to me. And thou shalt fly without wings, and conquer without any sword.  —-The Koran

1. This quote is beautiful. I like how it portrays men as “friends” of God. It also makes me wonder what the horse’s eye view looks like , considering that the quotes says all the treasures of the earth lies between the eyes of the Arabian breed. It’s amusing that the horses were commanded to conquer without any swords but the men who ride them for conquest often feel the need for armoury and saber. Thanks for sharing.

Yes it is a beautiful quote. Interestingly horses cannot see right in front of them unless they raise their heads up. Their eyes, set on the sides of their heads can see almost 360 degrees but there is a small space in front they do not see. This allows them to see predators coming from any angle. If you look at horses jumping they raise their heads coming into the jump so as to be able to see it . Thanks for your very thoughtful comment.

1. Wow! Thanks for the enlightenment.☺

2. That’s just beautiful
    I have never owned an Arab, but they are so beautiful
    Mel x

It is a beautiful quote isn’t it. I have never had an Arab either but my cousins in England bred Arabs, all Grey’s, and they were beautiful.

Thank you and Happy Canadian Thanksgiving ( even though you are not celebrating Thanksgiving yet in the US!)

1. dray0308 says:

Happy Thanksgiving!!

3. N says:

That’s a beauty in the picture! I guess horses do fly without wings and conqure without sword. lovely post. 🙂

Thank you. They still fly without wings and conquer our hearts without sword.

1. N says:

They do. 🙂

4. Miss A says:

Living in the Middle east I see daily how important the Arab horse has been to the community and the culture. Endurance is very big here and the horses are in general treated very well.

Thank you so much for this comment. Tha Arab is a beautiful horse and excels in the Endurance.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )