Monday Minstrel: Hay Bale Art!

MondayMinstrel-1318266

Tis the season of Fall Fairs in southern Ontario which is my part of the world. On many intersections there are straw round bales with paintings of various farm animals or vegetables.

MondayMinstrel-1319073

These are all advertising the Fall Fair. The nearest one to where I live is the Markham Fair which was held this weekend. . As Markham is now, in reality, a suburb of Toronto the Fair has many visitors.

MondayMinstrel-1318007

1. MoJo says:

Hay! I love this post! 😉

I love to drive my kids bananas by exclaiming “Hay!” whenever we go past a field with hay bales. My kids look around every single time I do it, and they get so irritated whenever they see the darn hay. I think that they would feel much better about it if they hay in our fields looked like the hay in your fields. So much fun!

Haha! I have to admit I used to wind my kids up with things like that. We used to drive through a village called Yellerton and when we passed the sign I would start yelling. Thanks for your comment.

1. MoJo says:

Lol – that’s fabulously funny!

2. Ha I love these. I have only ever seen these once in Murrurundi NSW and they are awesome. I love the one with the chicken mate 🙂

Yup! They are entertaining. I think the carrot is my fav! Thanks for commenting!

3. (HorseLover4Ever) Elizabeth says:

I love it!!! So artistic they are!! 😀

Thank you! They are fun aren’t they!

4. Avery says:

haha wow! These are great. I have seen lots of hay bale art of the years, but nothing like this!

5. Linda says:

Painted hay bales are something I’ve never seen.

They have them here at this time of year for the fall fairs. I have seen photos by blogger Cee Neuner of some and I think she is in the US. Another blogger says they have sculpted hay bales in Montana. I’d love to see the bales being painted. I wonder who the artists are!

6. They do something similar in Montana. However it’s more of a sculpture with the bales instead of the bales being painted. It’s pretty cool!

Interesting! I wondered if there was something elsewhere. I think I have seen photos by Cee Neuner of painted bales but sculpted bales would be very cool.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )