Finding joy? A five year old can show you how.

My daughter put up a post on Facebook about my Grandson Silas. I have to share it with you as it shows us how joy can be found in the simplest of things. These are her words to describe how this happened.

Silas got a gold star for learning his new words today, which is super legit sounding but I assure you it’s really not.But he thinks it’s awesome and that makes me happy so we do it, and he went down to the basement to show his sisters his star before bed tonight.When he was walking back upstairs he turned back and said:

“Oh and Jordan? Tomorrow we get to watch a movie during the day AND we get to have game night and EVERYONE is going to get to play. And we get to stay up late.
Isn’t that good Jordan? It’s going to be the BEST DAY EVER.”

The best day ever. ❤️ (Which is the exact opposite about how I felt about tomorrow, or the next day, or really any future day if I’m honest. 😭)

But screw that, Silas was so sure. He didn’t have a speck of doubt or fear. He KNEW. It was going to be the best day. 100%. 👏

And I can’t argue with his logic, so it’s decided. We are going to have the best day.

I hope you will join us for the best day ever. Wherever you are, or whatever your doing.

Find joy. 💛

Silas was also very happy about the fact that he had grown and was in a new spot on the family height register.

1. Lovable post, children are God’s messenger and they make elders life meaningful if parents are ready to learn from them I believe in it. This post makes my belief true ❤️❤️❤️

I agree Subbashini!

2. Lignum Draco says:

Children help us to remember how to enjoy life, how to appreciate the simple joys. We should never let go of those things. I hope you’re well.

I am well thank you.and yes we should remember to look at life like a child.

What a cutie patutie!! Thank you for sharing, put a huge smile on my face. He is one handsome grandson!! To see the world through a child’s eye is the Best!! ❤️❤️❤️

It is isn’t it! He is a handsome fellow and smart. I’m glad this story put a smile on your face. It put one on mine too!

4. Simply adorable. Silas brightened my day. Thank you! 😊

He brightened mine too. He has a great attitude.

5. Linda Book says:

Your post just made me smile from ear to ear. I am finding it hard to enjoy anything much these days except chocolate chip cookies and ice cream. I love that a gold star provoked absolute joy and excitement for Silas. I had forgotten about those things. Must refocus on the important things and stop accepting makeshift.Thanks a lot.

You are most welcome Linda. Silas certainly made me smile with his attitude.

6. The joy of every moment! Cheers to the cute little one.

P.S. I felt connected with the post, having a 5 year old son at home!

Thanks for commenting PH. Five is a great age. They live about two hours away from us and oddly enough with the lockdown we are seeing more of them on Facetime than we usually do. 😃

1. Facetime saves the day! 🙂

Hoping the lockdown to end really soon!

7. Tina Schell says:

Oh my Anne, both the image and the story are truly precious. And what a beautiful little boy he is! Thank you for reminding us to see the world through the eyes of a child.

You are most welcome Tina. This story came at the right moment for me as I was getting submerged under the tsunami of bad news in the world. Silas’ attitude has helped a lot.

8. They really can. Children are the best along with puppies. Their truth doesn’t hurt either because we know they’re genuine

Yes 💯. They have resilience and they do not weigh it down with worry. Thanks for commenting San.

Nice one, Silas. If you just focus on the here and now, we will get through this.

This morning Breanne tells me he had a sleep over in the basement with his sisters. They watched a movie and at4 popcorn. He came up in the morning and announced he had slept very well and they had a great time. I hope you will soon be more mobile Emma.

Sound like a great night in for the kids – my husband told me he felt quite happy looking after me and the pets and he wondered if it was wrong to feel happy in such difficult and tragic times, I say enjoy the moment when you can!

Seamus (hope I got that correct) is right. We have to find joy in the moment or we would be so depressed.

That’s close enough, he spells the Donegal Irish way Séamas, which by the way is not universally used in Donegal.